Failing Trump administration. Sad!

https://www.bna.com/corporate-work-public-n73014482921/

“Representing corporations also can be a form of public interest law because companies contribute so much to the well-being of society,” Peirce told a University of Michigan Law School class

Eh, that’s not a totally unreasonable position, when you consider that all corporations aren’t gigantic mega corps.

For instance, representing a tiny company that can’t afford you, going up against a gigantic company could be a charitable act that would benefit society.

Sorry, my man, I’ve really got to disagree on that one. Representing a private (likely for-profit) company as a form of “public service”? Blech.

Did you actually read her speech?

She’s full-on libertarian - that serves no public good.

Well that was the greatest and hugest Presidential alert ever.

I don’t feel of worthy of receiving these important notifications. If I was POTUS, I’d only send them to his supporters, perhaps 6 times a day, like a call to prayer.

FFS @Strollen, don’t give him any ideas!

I’m counting on 6 annoying phone alerts/day turning his supporters into haters.

“In tomorrow’s Y’all Qaeda, The Loyalty Pledge will sound six times a Day. Five is too Few and Seven Out of The Question. How our Glorious Leader lets you identify the Faithful and the disloyal!”

(loads nuke launcher)

Looks like i’m off to visit Three Dog again.

U.S. President Donald Trump is peeved with Air Force Secretary Heather Wilson over her handling of his directive to stand up a separate Space Force in the U.S. military, and he’s considering ousting her after the midterm elections, three sources with knowledge of the matter told Foreign Policy.

Wilson, a former Republican congresswoman from New Mexico, recently angered Trump as well as Deputy Defense Secretary Patrick Shanahan, Defense Secretary James Mattis’s second in command, with what is seen as a campaign to undermine the Space Force effort, the sources said.

She’s a woman too. Not behind Space Farce and the wrong genitalia – that’s no good.

Not sure what this means, but this is the ‘Administration’ thread:

Yeah, this is kind of odd.

Also worth noting, the UN Amabassadorship is a cabinet-level position, meaning that Haley and her successor report directly to the President, and not the Secretary of State.

Any minute chance she was disgusted by Kavanaugh?

But that would also mean she had a conscience.

Kind of don’t think so. But maybe Trump was really pissed about being laughed at when he addressed UNGA two weeks ago, and decided that was Haley’s fault?

Ah, so she was fired because she was too competent then? Checks out.

Either that, or Lindsay’s our next AG, and Haley’s going to run for his senate seat.

Frankly, I thought she was embarrassing. Maybe not her fault — if your country’s policies and views are embarrassing, you’re kind of stuck with that as UN Ambassador —but some of her statements have been cringeworthy.

If you ever find yourself having these questions, just remind yourself that it has been proven time and time again that there are no good Republicans.