Failing Trump administration. Sad!

Haley may have sold her soul to the Orange Devil, but she’s not at all stupid. She’s exiting now, ahead of the shitstorm of indictments, revelations and probably prosecutions that will come in the wake of the Mueller investigation concluding. Doing so now sets her up for a political return as a “moderate Republican” after the dust settles.

Anyone who is the least bit interested in a political career after the Trump Train derails has to distance themselves now, before the tide turns, so that they can later claim to have been “stepping away” rather than running for the exit. Asshats like Graham and McConnell don’t give a crap if they’re unelectable post-Trump, because they’re old and they’re pillaging all they can get right now, so they’ll just retire on mountains of money after avoiding prosecution…because that’s the American way.

The Mueller thing goes nowhere if the Democrats don’t take the house, right? In fact it’s probably shut down weeks after if the Dems fail to retake the house.

But i’m not clear about the tax records. If the Dems retake the House but not the Senate, can they still subpoena Trump’s tax records?

I feel like the tax records are everything, they’re the ball that starts rolling down hill. The Republicans are cowards and will never go against Trump, but would (imo) be happy for the Dems to take all the risk and flak of doing the legwork themselves, and only if it’s 100% clear to their voters that Trump needs to be impeached, would they reluctantly go along with the Dems and do so.

We literally just had ample evidence of tax fraud published and it’s already been forgotten.

Pre-UN Nikki was a pretty frightful, albeit bog-standard, hate-driven Republican. Anti-women, anti-LGBT, anti-regulation, anti-environment, anti-worker. She is the furthest possible thing from a good person.

I get your point, Armando… but I separate out the openly racist members of GOP leadership as their own category of evil. Nikki Haley is not Stephen Miller, at least. There are degrees of bad.

The last two years have shown that this is a false hope. There are now giant mountains of evidence clearly showing Trump should be impeached (Nixon was impeached for vastly less.) No Republican cares in the slightest.

Graham, once one of the most prominent NeverTrumpers, now spends his days bent over licking Trump’s boots. Collins, Sasse, Flake etc. make concerned noises, but are perfectly happy to fall in line without real pushback.

There just aren’t any Republicans who are secretly waiting for an opportunity to impeach Trump. The only thing that would possibly change their minds is the GOP losing heavily in the midterms; and even then the Republicans left standing are more likely to be the most rabid Trump supporters.

They’ll pay attention if they sense the winds changing on 11/6, otherwise they’ll ride the trump train to the last station.

They will be in danger of being primaried by the rabid pro-Trump forces if they come out in favor of impeachment. The first step is for the House to impeach but it will be difficult to get Republicans to vote that way. They are spineless.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/watchdog-group-calls-for-probe-of-gift-flights-for-nikki-haley_us_5bbc3517e4b0876edaa12d30

A watchdog organization is calling for an investigation into seven private flights taken by United Nations Ambassador Nikki Haley that were paid for by South Carolina business executives.

The 2017 flights, which Haley listed on her public financial disclosure report this year, were between New York, Washington and three cities in her home state of South Carolina, where she was governor before joining the Trump administration. The watchdog group Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington said the flights were likely worth about $24,000 and should be investigated by the State Department’s inspector general.

“By accepting gifts of luxury private flights, Ambassador Haley seems to be falling in line with other Trump administration officials who are reaping personal benefits from their public positions,” Noah Bookbinder, executive director of the group, said in a statement. “Our ethics laws are clearly written to prevent even the appearance of corruption and improper influence.”

Already interviewing for the job, eh? EH!?

Armando you summarized this much more eloquently than I would have.

One thing though, she’s also a skilled and careful with what she says about others unless there is something behind it. From her, an, “I believe in term limits,” resignation, BEFORE the mid-terms does not pass the smell test, at all.

There is more to this. And I’m not sure but it might be more than the ethics violations calls.

Yup she is just another Republican scumbag who happily refused to represent the majority of the united states and instead assisted Trump in his most extreme and deranged “policies”. She can fuck right off and I hope the door hits her ass on the way out.

The chances of them finding someone better though seems small. I mean the admin is what it is. I am sure there are worse individuals they could replace her with… and probably will.

Kanye would make an awesome UN ambassador

It’ll be Ivanka.

I suspect the impropriety of appointing his own daughter might cause Trump to hesit–
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

We live in the dumbest quantum reality.

We can’t rule out the possibility that it will be Kim Kardasian.