Failing Trump administration. Sad!

Some of the other countries want to treat her like some sort of damn princess. It’s super weird.

I wonder if Haley got canned because Trump was laughed at in the General Assembly. Alternatively, maybe she was connected to the Anonymous op-ed (though I was sure it was Huntsman)

Trump thinks she would be dynamite

In that she could possibly blow up the foundation?

So … Jared, then.

I thought Jared still was working on Peace in the Middle East?

They already solved the middle East.

I think hannity would be next on the list after ivanka. its a pay cut though, so i doubt he’d take it.

Aren’t Jared & Kanye having dinner with Donald tonite? What wrong with them Indian Leg Wrestling for the gig?

I was lying in bed last night when it hit me. The next ambassador to the UN will be no one. Because Trump will withdraw from the UN. Because that’ll show the bastards for laughing at me, I’m taking my ball and going home!

It’s an utterly idiotic idea. Which is why it feels like it might be true.

I’m sure Bolton has suggested it.

Not sure if this is the thread, but Dow dropped 800pts today. Second most ever. I know it has recovered fine from a few major drops since Trump’s presidency, but lots of warning indicators starting to flash re: the economy.

Third worst point drop (after two days earlier this year.)

In terms of percentage drop (3.15%), which is the actual meaningful number, it’s not even in the top 20 percentage drops. (1987 and various days in 1929 still top that list.)

So we can expect Trump to say nothing about it then?

He really shouldn’t anyway. Presidents do not control the economy which is not the market which is not the DOW in the way they claim anyway… although they can certainly help or hinder the process.

I agree, but he’s been taking credit for when it was good. Like non-stop.

Well I am certainly not one to give Trump a pass, but the fact is… most the presidents do this. He’s just exceedingly obnoxious when he does. He can’t even pass on basic information or pat himself on the back without being an ass about it.

Presidents can definitely fuck up the economy. Trade wars, actual wars and uncertainty can cause real problems. Improving the economy is a whole different bag of squirrels.

So what instances are you thinking of. When did we go to war due one president’s decision and no other factors, modern history? When did a trade war actually tank a perfectly functioning doing well economy. We’re not talking industry or a specific market, but it took down the whole thing. One minute everything is hunky dory and suddenly one president pens his name and it went straight down?