Failing Trump administration. Sad!

Two more out.

After almost a year in the White House counsel’s office tackling a raft of ethics and financial disclosure issues, James Schultz resigned last week and is returning to private practice at the Philadelphia-based law firm where he previously worked, Cozen O’Connor.

Schultz insists his exit is unrelated to any of those myriad controversies, but simply triggered by a desire to get back to private law work and back to Philadelphia, where his family has remained.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-27/tillerson-s-redesign-chief-is-said-to-quit-after-three-months

The senior State Department official charged with overseeing U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson’s effort to overhaul the agency has resigned after just three months on the job, according to a department official.

Maliz Beams was named counselor to the department on Aug. 17, according to her biography on the State Department’s website. She has decided to return to her home in Boston, and Christine Ciccone, Tillerson’s deputy chief of staff, will step in to lead the redesign effort, according to the official, who asked not to be identified discussing internal matters.

Christ, folks, stop worrying, y’all, will ya?

Rex Tillerson said on Tuesday that the Trump administration’s proposal to slash the state department and foreign aid budget is partly based on an expectation it will be able to resolve some of the global conflicts that have been absorbing costly diplomatic and humanitarian support.

The CFPB is doomed regardless, so I don’t have much outrage to spare for this particular fight.

Maybe Twitter can resolve the situation for the country; only on of these can be verified, right? ;)

My take, exactly. Otherwise I’d be flying off the handle, but they’ve already been hamstrung and it was just a matter of time until the whole thing gets nuked.

The CFPB saved my house 2 years ago when the bank drew my name in the Random Foreclosure Lottery. This upsets me.

More ridiculous nanny state overreach. Thanks Pocahontas!

Oh, I am plenty upset by the demise of the CFPB. But it is going to happen no matter what is the outcome of the “Acting Director” drama, so I’m not wasting time being upset by that part of it.

Yeah, sorry if I was misunderstood - the slow loss of the CFPB is nothing but a terrible thing. It’s just this was something which from my perspective was a forgone conclusion after last November and thus far nothing has changed its trajectory.

https://twitter.com/waltshaub/status/935867425169518592

We are so fucked.

Well, to be clear, the North and South Koreans are the ones who are most certainly the most fucked by this move.

The CIA chief becoming the head diplomat for the country seems a little… off. Of course, this is the Trump administration so instead it’s a little terrifying.

You are absolutely right, though I’m a firm believer in trickle down fuckery.

That photo of her makes her look like the lead consumer of opioids. :p

Thus far, there’s been a VERY weak denial of Tillerson getting shoved aside for Pompeo. However, it just seems like a matter of time unless the blowback has really stopped it from taking place.

Well it is not like Pompeo was ever qualified to be the head of the CIA either.

I was just discussing this with someone else; my theory is it’s an effort from Kelly, et al to get someone they like in at the CIA, and moving Pompeo to a hamstrung State Department was a cost they’re willing to accept.