Failing Trump administration. Sad!

That’s a pretty unbelievable graph. In fact I don’t believe it.

Note how they use an 8% discount rate per year. That is an insane value to use. In fact anything above 4 is actively dishonest, and 4% is unrealistically high. This is probably done to reduce the impact of student loans, and how that along with medical costs allow people to take lower salaries despite a degree.

To be fair (i guess) i can’t tell if they only discounted 2017 at 8% or all the years (whatever that number is for net lifetime).

Here’s the link to the OECD document the infograph references, but it’s beyond my fastskim ability at work to digest.

I think this is the “real” data from OECD. It looks like they saw this and decided to normalize down to a negative value in a Scandinavian Country (the OECD discount rate is 2%).

They’re definitely trying to head off the “Scandinavian” comparison. (If you notice the total benefit for Denmark, while lower, is less than the total cost in Norway (although by only a bit).

Yep, it’s directly from the OECD. Notice they point out manipulating effects of the discount rate, and point out that Norway would be negative at 8%. So it looks like they are using a whole 8% across every year.

Of course, this is how it all works now.

The odd thing about this bit is that a quick look at taxes in the Nordic countries makes it quite hard to argue that they’ve abandoned high tax rates.

https://www.nordisketax.net/main.asp?url=files/isl/eng/i07.asp&c=isl&l=eng

As to the arguments about college education value, aren’t they just arguing a scarcity premium anyway? It’s financially ruinous to get a college education in the US, so a smaller percentage of the population does it, so the value of it is magnified. And the US upper-tier wage structures are absurdly inflated. Does that mean the US is doing it right? Well, if you’re one of the people who can afford the college education, yes. If you’re not, well then, not so much.

It says basically nothing about the quality of the education and much more about the flatness of the wage structure.

Dylan Matthews does a good job on this report.

Wow, so this guy thought it was appropriate to put up a portrait, in a US Federal Government office, of a guy who literally committed treason against this country.
What goes through these people’s heads?

Disclaimer: this dude appears to be a career administrator, not a Trump appointee.

But he’s obviously emboldened by trunks rhetoric

Exactly this. His beliefs and opinions are likely unchanged, it’s just he no longer feels he needs to hide it.

Mission Accomplished!

Most definitely not accomplished - Khomeini’s behavior today is the same as it was last week, and the same as it will be months after new sanctions go into effect. Total failure! Sad!

Also, too, Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead.

Well played, sir.

Oh noes, @malathor!