Failing Trump administration. Sad!

It is if you think that’s how it’s spelled.

Holy hell that meeting on the shutdown was something else.

Way to go Donny.

Also this, within like 2 minutes of eachother

You could just see the stock market dropping every time he opened his idiotic mouth.

He’ll be resigning Monday and be out before the end of the year. Or … maybe he’ll be here till the end of the year. Or … longer.

But our hunt for a replacement is going great! Why do you ask?

Only the best.

You would think the government would learn it’s lesson with Accenture, along with any other company that uses them.

http://exposingevilempire.com/accenture/accenture-settled-lawsuit-paying-64-million-to-us-department-of-justice/

Skip to the meat there …

They’ll keep doing this because they still come out way ahead.

It’s a business model. Avoid all the progeny of the original Big 5.

Profit outweighs ethics too often.

Was just about to post the same. I get that they have good sales people, but it just boggles the mind that people still fall for their sales-patter again… and again… and again…

I’ve worked for companies that do the same thing. It really annoys me though when government agencies, who post for bids and actually are supposed to have a more rigorous process, fall prey to things like that, again and again.

In the case of Accenture, you could see why a single database for sourcing between ALL US government agencies would be a good thing. Hell, make it a sub-department of treasury or something. We should be spending what money we do in a smart way. Every company today is trying to do the same thing, and it’s obvious that the government can’t help but trip over itself with things like this.

I suspect that government agencies are more prone to fall prey to this sort of thing than others, though. Firstly - they don’t necessarily have the most savvy procurement people given that anyone who is really good can usually earn more in a private company - and even when they are good, they may often be hamstrung by poor rules/regulations. Secondly - there just isn’t the existential dread in the public sector that you’d get with a private company. If a private company makes the mistake of awarding Acc a $100 million contract, that’ll probably be the end of that company - and at the very least, you’ll have the CEO and others walking the plank. A government agency doing the same… will just shrug, have some officials be apologetic over the scandal, and pass the bill to the tax payers.

Excellent point. Sad but true.

I once worked for a company with a Marketing executive who was insistent that we needed to hire Deloitte so they could replace all of our existing enterprise platforms with a brand-new one that did not yet exist but which they would create using the Siebel CRM platform as the starting point. I kept saying to him how much money do you think we have? but he never faltered in his certainty that it was a great idea. Those big consulting firms have great salespeople.

and that’s the indictment. There’s no reason why they should be paid less. Pay enough to get the good ones. There’s a totally spurious conversation in the UK about the fact that no civil servant should earn more than the Prime Minister. If they perform who cares?

If only that were actually true. I worked as an independent contractor on a £150m project with Accenture. I spent the better part of the last 18months of the project telling the client (who I was directly contracted to). that they had issues and the project was targetted to fail. It was, it bombed and nobody got fired and Accenture came out of it ahead as they had better lawyers.

Siebel may have been invoved in my project as well.

It makes my morning a little better knowing how many other people are in a shitty deal with Accenture. Misery loves company and all.

I feel like Accenture went the road of a lot of similar type companies.

They were once a very competent consulting company, offering skills that a lot of companies didn’t have internally.

This resulted in a lot of success, and growth, which then ultimately resulted in them being more focused on getting business than doing work well.

Once a very, very, very long time ago.

You may already know of it (it’s a bit old - hasn’t been updated for a little while), but if you don’t exposingevilempire.com should make your day even better. Or sadder. Didn’t believe half the stories I’d heard before I ended up on a project with them. Now…