Failing Trump administration. Sad!

A lawyer pal of mine, after I excitedly shared this with him, warned me to take him (Seth) with a grain of salt, as he (Seth) does have a tendency to get too enthusiastic and exaggerate things. But he (my lawyer pal) said that this particular thread had good info.

Tell me about it. I wrote a little app to collate twitter threads, and he’s the one tweeter I keep seeing who more often than not breaks it - the threads are so long and frequent, I don’t request enough tweets to cope. I might have to put in a special case for him.

I have nothing to add to this thread except to warn not to count chickens before they hatch, based on thread title. We’re a long way yet from impeachments, and the Trump administration seems to be immune to rules of all shapes and sizes. Further, I don’t think Rep’s will tolerate anyone going after the Trump administration en masse, just like the South would not have tolerated charges of treason after the Civil War, and Germany did not tolerate economic reparations after WWI.

What YakAttack said. Be wary of twitter personalities telling you exactly what you want to hear.

I agree with being careful with Abramson. Unlike Louis Mench I don’t think he’s operating in bad faith, but he makes claims with way more confidence than he should.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/im-on-trumps-voter-fraud-commission-im-suing-it-to-find-out-what-its-doing/2017/11/30/1034574c-d3b0-11e7-95bf-df7c19270879_story.html?hpid=hp_no-name_opinion-card-b%3Ahomepage%2Fstory

On Nov. 9, I filed a complaint in U.S. District Court in Washington, seeking to obtain the working documents, correspondence and schedule of the Presidential Advisory Commission on Election Integrity. What’s remarkable about my lawsuit is that I’m a member of the commission, and apparently this is the only way I can find out what we’re doing.

The commission was formed in May to answer monster-under-the-bed questions about “voter fraud,” but the implicit rationale for its creation appears to be to substantiate President Trump’s unfounded claims that up to 5 million people voted illegally in 2016. Chaired by Vice President Pence, the commission has the chance to answer questions about potential fraud and to highlight best practices to enhance voter confidence in our election systems. Yet it isn’t doing that. Instead, the commission is cloaking itself in secrecy, completely contrary to federal law. Recommendations for changes in public policy — whether you agree with them or not — ought to come through an open, public discussion where any American can weigh in.

According to a leftist MT site, Interior Secretary Zinke sucks at fly fishing, and holds a grudge when a fishing writer wrote about it.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/11/politics/diplomat-resigns-letter-shackelford-tillerson/index.html

Shackelford, who served in South Sudan, Kenya and Poland, wrote that under Tillerson, the State Department is being “diminished” and its influence around the world undercut as the administration increasingly relies on the military at a time of perilous foreign policy challenges.

“We have ceded to the Pentagon our authority to drive US foreign policy,” Shackelford wrote, “at the behest of the White House, but to our detriment as a nation.”

A top member of President Trump’s outside legal team called Tuesday for the appointment of a separate special prosecutor to look into potential conflicts of interest involving Justice Department and FBI officials.

At the end of the lecture, a little old lady at the back of the room got up and said: “What you have told us is rubbish. What we really need is a special prosecutor to investigate potential conflicts of interest involving Justice Department and FBI officials.” The scientist gave a superior smile before replying, “What if that investigation doesn’t find what the Trump administration wants it to?” “You’re very clever, young man, very clever,” said the old lady. “But it’s special prosecutors all the way down!”

Stephen Hawking, A Brief History of Time, Ch. 1. Our Picture of the Universe

Yeah, that is awesome.

http://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/364517-former-republican-epa-chiefs-blast-controversial-alaska-mining

“We oppose the Trump Administration’s efforts to sweep nearly a decade of science and Clean Water Act review under the rug,” the officials wrote in their advertisement.

As far as I can tell, literally no one knows what Omarosa’s job even was at the whitehouse. She was just collecting $100k+ for nothing.

If that’s true, how stupid do you have to be to cause enough drama that you lose that gig?

From what I’ve previously read, Kelly’s been trying to get rid of her for ages.

The best people.

To be fair, I’ve been cursing a lot since Trump has been in the Whitehouse too.