Failing Trump administration. Sad!

Walls don’t stop sandworms. Maybe Trump doesn’t know that.

/hides the family atomics

Got 'em right in the Family Atomics

Going very much offtopic but I googled “family atomics” and although its a common word and well known word combination, the phrase is purely one from Dune, and oddly enough, using this to reference a family owned nuclear arsenal seems to be unique in science fiction. My inner autie is feeling very pleased with himself for now knowing this quite useless fact.

Really?

I was making a “family jewels” joke, but I have never once heard, even in sci-fi, the phrase “family atomics” referencing anything but Dune.

I mean the only family I know that own atomic weapons are the Kims…

The Ventures, maybe? Haven’t seen the most recent season yet.

Pretty sure they gave at least one of their reactors to the PLO back in season 1 ;)

oh its a grammar thing. I meant “family” is a common word, and “atomics” is a well known word but the combination is unique. (i.e its not a phrase like “Kwisatz Haderach”)

Agent Orange maybe. Hawaii 5-0 and Walk, Don’t Run just don’t scream family atomics to me.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/national-enquirer-editor-jared-ivanka-criminal-activity

Former National Enquirer senior editor Jerry George said Monday night that he knew of stories killed by his old magazine and its Trump-sympathetic publisher that implicated Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump in “criminal activity.”

“They’re certainly embarrassing,” he told MSNBC’s Ari Melber about stories killed concerning President Donald Trump. “And then when you get involved with the actions of his children, including his daughter and son-in-law, we’re getting closer to criminal activity.”

George added that he believes the magazine acted together with the Trump campaign to break the law, and that there is still “another shoe to drop” now that America Media Inc., the National Enquirer’s parent company, has been granted immunity by federal prosecutors.

George homed in on Kushner, suggesting that he played a significant role in communication between AMI and the Trump campaign. “I definitely think that once Michael [Cohen] stepped aside, there was foot traffic between people in the Trump Organization, including Jared, into the American Media organization,” George said.

George also nodded to Kushner’s ties with Saudi Arabia’s crown prince, Mohammed bin Salman, saying that the magazine featured the royal on its cover, an odd move for a domestically-focused publication, and soon after received a mysterious influx of cash.

Watch part of the interview here:

https://twitter.com/TPMLiveWire/status/1075006501402628096?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1075006501402628096&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftalkingpointsmemo.com%2Fnews%2Fnational-enquirer-editor-jared-ivanka-criminal-activity

At this time of crisis Trump needs to turn to his people, the best people.

Katrina Pierson may not be part of the administration but she’s available. And she’s stayed right on top of current events!

(… Check the date.)

So if Sec of Defense Mattis put in his notice today, but is sticking around until the last day of February, and since Zinke is leaving on NYE, I wonder if anyone in the cabinet wants to try that 25th Amendment VP + Cabinet Majority thing during January.

PROBABLY not, but I think it’s sliiiightly more likely after some of the especially scummy Cabinet members like Zinke have been kicked out. They’ve been replaced by… have they been replaced? If they are replaced by Acting Cabinet members, do those acting Cabinet members have the same power when it comes to the 25th Amendment?

Mattis definitely isn’t leaving on warm terms. He didn’t even ask Trump for a letter of recommendation for his next job! He and thirteen other guys he can scrounge up in the Cabinet just have to have the right come-to-Jesus talk with Pence…

For the record, this is what the whitehouse.gov site says who is currently in the Cabinet, but the list seems outdated:

• Administrator of the Small Business Administration Linda E. McMahon
  • Director of National Intelligence Daniel Coats (tussled with Trump over July Helsinki summit)
  • Director of the Central Intelligence Agency Gina Haspel
  • Director of the Office of Management and Budget Mick Mulvaney (next year will be Acting chief of staff, but also keeping this position. Two, two, two cabinet members in one!)
  • Representative of the United States to the United Nations Nikki R. Haley (leaving at the end of the year)
  • Secretary of Agriculture Sonny Perdue
  • Secretary of Commerce Wilbur L. Ross, Jr.
  • Secretary of Defense James Mattis (leaving end of February 2019)
  • Secretary of Education Elisabeth Prince DeVos
  • Secretary of Energy James Richard Perry
  • Secretary of Health and Human Services Alex Azar
  • Secretary of Homeland Security Kirstjen Nielsen (“not a liar”)
  • Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Benjamin S. Carson, Sr.
  • Secretary of the Interior Ryan Zinke (leaving at the end of the year)
  • Secretary of Labor Alexander Acosta
  • Secretary of State Mike Pompeo
  • Secretary of Transportation Elaine L. Chao
  • Secretary of the Treasury Steven T. Mnuchin
  • Secretary of Veterans Affairs Robert Wilkie
  • U.S. Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer
  • Vice President Michael R. Pence
  • White House Chief of Staff John F. Kelly (stepping down at end of year)

Edit: the White House official list didn’t mention Acting Attorney General Matt Whitaker or Acting head of the EPA Andrew Wheeler. Interesting.

They should just wait a couple more months. It’ll be easier!

PENCE: I regret to say that I have concluded that President Trump is incapable of discharging his duties. As required by the Constitution, I need the support of half the Cabinet before we can take this matter further. Cabinet members, do you agree with my assessment?

MULVANY: I agree.

PENCE: As the Cabinet is unanimous, I will transmit our conclusion to Congress.

The guy who updates that page tendered his resignation a while ago and they haven’t found anyone willing to take the job.

Keep an eye on Neilsen, if shit goes down (be it Mueller or Pence) the Praetorian Guard report into her so she & the Secret Service Director would have to be forewarned.

While he’s no longer on the air, George Costanza lives on in spirit in the Trump White House:

White House Deputy Chief of Staff Zachary Fuentes reportedly planned on taking advantage of a Coast Guard early retirement program after his White House tenure and may have tried to interfere with legislation in order to receive the perk, The New York Times reports. Sources cited by the Times said Fuentes told colleagues that after Chief of Staff John Kelly left the administration, he would “hide out” in the Eisenhower Executive Office Building—an executive building next to the White House—for six months in a “nebulous role.” After six months passed and he had completed 19 years in the Coast Guard, Fuentes reportedly believed he would be eligible for the Guard’s retirement program in order to exit from the Trump administration. However, the retirement program reportedly ended in the 2018 fiscal year. Administration officials told the Times Fuentes “discussed the program” with Department of Homeland Security officials before the agency pushed to get the program reinstated. A congressional official told the newspaper lawmakers received a “written request” to have the program restored in November. A provision to reinstate it is said to have been unexpectedly pulled from a House bill on Wednesday after reporters began asking questions about it.

“So, what do you do here”
“It’s a … nebulous role.”

Maybe she should have John Edwards from the Crossing Over show ask.