Failing Trump administration. Sad!

Trump’s crimes are gonna make Nixon look like a saint.

Yup, they already have. And though Nixon was a real scoundrel, and not just for Watergate, at least he had the self-awareness to know he was a scoundrel and to generally present a decently veiled simulation of propriety from his administration.

No. I think Ford pardoning Nixon and Bush pardoning the Iran Contra people have led to the idea that you don’t have to face consequences for rampant criminality if your party is in power. That’s terribly dangerous, and we’ve already seen bad results.

Yeah, I think that the calculus is, if Trump goes now, can we get things together for a primary and run a real new candidate free from the issues of the last one. I don’t think that math really worked out, and they are hoping the incumbent bump with the guaranteed deplorable turnout will give them 4 more years to figure out their party’s future.

But yeah, they are basically going down with the ship now.

I feel like the original premise needs to be resurfaced. It’s not just “kick trump out of office and get Pence as VP”, but also that trump is free from all investigations.

I want to see him get wrecked for his lifetime of bullshit, not get off free and just no longer be president.

For the record, I don’t think I’d accept Trump resigning in exchange for dropping all investigations.

That bitch needs to die in prison.

I think I’d accept. It would be better for the country to have him resign ASAP than it would for him to linger in the White House like a stale fart for another two years.

It’s not better for the country for someone to be able to commit illegal acts in politics and get out of it by just resigning before it all hits the fan. That will just results in more people doing it.

I appreciate the sentiment that Trump is a danger to our country, and that his resigning would be beneficial.

But the Rorschach in me wants him to go to jail, forever, and see his entire family ruined.

I’d be okay with resigning with a pardon as long as he gets tagged for crimes in New York. That would be enough for prison, or at least fighting in court for the remainder of his worthless life.

It’s not as if he’d suddenly stop committing new crimes once he’s out.

It’s not just that for me. Trump commits crimes in office because Nixon, Reagan, GWB did so and got away with it. Until someone faces criminal charges for it, and goes to jail for it, it will keep happening.

NYT ran a story yesterday (didn’t read it yet, just saw the headline) claiming that a primary reason trump is running again is due to the legal jeopardy he finds himself in (which shows just how ridiculous our system of gov’t is - jail, or remain President? Decisions, decisions!) but that got me to thinking, what would I give up (if I could) to guarantee trump wouldn’t get four more years? I remain a fence sitter (not that it matters what I want but you get the gist.)

No, but.

I would accept if he would resign immediately and renounce his citizenship and move overseas (to Russia), and he would forfeit any U.S. real estate property to the local authorities.

100% yes. Every day that Trump is in power he purges more and more people from the government and replaces them with loyalists. More judges get appointed.

There is a tipping point and he has to be out of office before then. Already the damage he has done will takes decades to fully recover from, if it’s even possible.

But those things still happen under a President Pence (definitely the later, probably the former). Stopping those particular things requires control of the Senate.

Just to play devil’s advocate, this is very banana republic. Look at Ukraine, princess leia lost the election and the russian candidate imprisoned her. The Russian dude lost power and now he’s believed to be hiding out in Russia somewhere.

Is there a benefit to not prosecuting a US president so this decision doesn’t come into play? A tacit bargain, resign and no charges. Just take what’s in this bag and go away.

edit: Personally I won’t be satisfied until he’s in a matching orange jumpsuit. Failing that maybe a few of his children.

While I’m dreaming I also want oligarchs scorned and legislated to irrelevance.

Bill Shine has tendered his resignation as White House Communications Director.

Well this is confusing - is he going straight back to Fox News? I assume he would have just put in a transfer request if that were the case. Is he starting the SHINE Network to better inform the American People of Trumps message?

I think just so he can take a job running the propaga…errr, campaign?