Failing Trump administration. Sad!

I don’t think anyone is surprised that it happened. A little surprised that Blloomberg got sources to admit it happened. Likely those sources work for Bolton, or are Bolton himself.

He was going to reverse the double secret probation sanctions.

Ctrl-r doomsday, sanctions

Reload page? Right-justify?

I would call the Trump Administration a “right justified doomsday machine”

25 deeply compromised individuals (Kushner cough) have had their security clearance denails overturned by the whitehouse. Whistleblower sees congress (good fucking luck) as her last chance to remove these dangerous people from government.

“According to Ms. Newbold, these individuals had a wide range of serious disqualifying issues involving foreign influence, conflicts of interest, concerning personal conduct, financial problems, drug use, and criminal conduct,” Democratic committee staff write in the memo.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/01/politics/security-clearances-house-oversight-committee-tricia-newbold/index.html

While I generally despise whataboutisms and I’d expect this administration to be particularly bad, I do wonder how common overrides are from one administration to the next. I mean, we know they happen because there’s a process specifically for it, but I’d be fascinated to see a chart over the years,

From what the career folks are saying, it’s not common at all.

They are as corrupt as they think they can get away with.

Yup, spanning the spectrum of Incompetent Corruption —> Criminal Corruption.

We know one thing for sure, Civilization II got it wrong…

Changing to more advanced forms of government will also reduce corruption: Communism results in nearly-zero corruption, while Democracy or Fundamentalism will eliminate it entirely.

In January 2018, Kline allegedly “began taking actions that were designed to humiliate her as a result of her rare form of dwarfism,” Cummings’ memo said. According to the memo, Kline went out of his way to hinder Newbold, including by “physically elevating personnel security files out of her reach.”

Fuck these cretins.

Drain the swamp

As mentioned by someone else here, if we’d only known that term actually meant, “drain the Democrats out of any positions of power.”

It does mean that. It also seems to mean “drain the faceless (but likely competent and honest) bureaucrats, and replace them with toadies who see the chance to line their own pockets.”

Nepotism is more important than National Security.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/pork-industry-soon-will-have-more-power-over-meat-inspections/2019/04/03/12921fea-4f30-11e9-8d28-f5149e5a2fda_story.html?utm_term=.6fdb9d38fca1
Self-regulation works out great for everyone, just ask Boeing.

But it saves money, like when Trump cut regulations on the romaine lettuce industry, and it saved like 2 million dollars… Then they lost far, far more when contamination that specifically would have been prevented caused a nation wide recall.