Failing Trump administration. Sad!

I’m sure it’s fine. They should just continue drinking that until they get enough comments to tell them otherwise.

https://i.imgur.com/IMkI4Hx.png

Sounds like FBI Director McCabe is toast.

This is not so good.

He can’t still be called to testify?

I think that’s only part of the issue, behind the “Hey, we’re going to get our 3rd FBI director in 8 months over the investigation into Trump/Russia collusion.”

Were I a government employee, I’d record literally every conversation I had with Trump.

Every. One.

I really hope this is just a rumor engineered to try and get McCabe to say “nice things” about Trump and his cronies, but I’m guessing this is more someone overhearing Trump ranting about him.

Really interesting article on Trump’s judicial nominees.

Yes, Trump nominees are worse than other presidents. Although it appears to be mostly because rather than having the ABA evaluating before be nominated, he nominates them and than the ABA does the evaluation.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2017/11/10/how-unusual-are-trumps-not-qualified-judicial-nominations/?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_analysis-nominations-315pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.fdfafc7bb28f

Update: And now the twist. Petersen, the unfortunate star of that viral video, was rated as “qualified” by the ABA.

Now I’m really scared that Turkey was qualified according to the ABA.

When I first saw the video I thought he was some right wing crony (ala the other blogger nominee) but I was surprised how genteel? he was. I feel a bit bad for him now.

After reading Popehat I feel bad also. That said, it sort of nice to see the system working as designed.

The Trump administration is incompetent and disfunctional so we should expect nothing from them.

The ABA presumably look at his law school and FEC experience at face value and said qualified, But a Senator, and Republican at that, took his advise and consent role seriously, and rather than rubber-stamp his party’s nominee, asked some tough question. As result a good but unqualified man isn’t doing an important job.

Did they already reject his nomination?

Part of me expects they will confirm him anyway.

Most of the cabinet positions apart from defense and state can be sinecures if the secretary doesn’t want to be an activist. The department will do whatever it does without them. HUD strikes me as the ideal position for a do-nothing secretary.

Man, fuck this piece of shit unqualified dickwad. Awww, poor fucktard is embarrassed during his hearing - oh noes! He’s trying to get a LIFETIME appointment to an incredibly important federal justice position. Oh no, he won’t get to shove his shitty anti-gay, anti-humanity agenda on the rest of us. Poor thing!

OR they’ll just confirm him anyways and we’ll be stuck with someone that literally has NO experience for life.

It certainly will be interesting to watch. He will make mistakes (big mistakes). The lawyers will notice, and will appeal. It will be quite the circus.

Everyday, I get further proof that the the only logical explanation for Trump’s actions is he is a Russian agent, trying to destroy the country.

President Donald Trump’s judicial nominee Matthew Petersen has withdrawn his name from consideration after a video went viral of him failing to answer basic questions about law in his confirmation hearing, according to an aide to a senior member of the Senate Judiciary Committee.

“It happened,” the aide told HuffPost on Monday.

#ByeFelicia! Good riddance.

Don’t really need a quote, the headline tells the tale.

The modern GOP literally does not give even one single shot about honesty. Not even about an appearance of honesty.

Not even about the appearance of TRYING to appear honest.

During a debate Trump denied tweeting about a sex tape just weeks before. Every single person in the audience saw the tweet. This is just normal now.