Failing Trump administration. Sad!

No, it isn’t.

(I know what you mean, but it’ll never be normal.)

I love me some Robert Christgau, my favorite rock critic bar none. Today he gave his penultimate grade to a 3 song collection of anti-Trump songs. Here’s a sample!

Nothing rhymes with purple or silver either. Why is it colors that are non-rhymable?

(Wyatt) Earp’ll

For those wondering WTF A.Dude is going on about, and whether he actually used “penultimate” correctly:

I’m fairly sure I used it incorrectly but to my credit I was pretty drunk when I posted that 😱

The latest chapter in the Chronicles of Nambia.

A tweet of a screenshot of an unsourced news article of a supposed event that has yet to receive any mainstream media coverage? Maybe the person being pranked here is you.

It’s appeared on a few sites in varying forms, with the one in the tweet being an image from Sputnik News, a Russian government-controlled agency. Either she got trolled by pranksters or the Russian government is having fun trolling her with “fake news.” Either way, I think it’s humorous.

Then why not, y’know, link to the actual source?

Could be that Lina Arabi is an actress probably sharing stuff for likes, not a journalist?

I meant you. Or is QT3 just a tweet aggregator now?

I didn’t post her tweet in the first place and I frankly don’t like linking sputnik anywhere. I’ve found that lmgtfy links don’t get clicked on and instead inspire enmity. However, that process is how I found the articles.

Right, you would never post a link to fake news. It’s fake!

But a Tweet by an actress? That’s corroboration! It makes the fake news true!

Maybe people have had a little too much egg nog - I DIDN’T POST THE DAMN TWEET, HERE. SCROLL UP AND READ. Zylon commented about it being unsourced, which made me curious so I googled and let him know where it came from and that it was a source which is known for being a Russian mouthpiece.

Posting tweets w/o a source like TranquilityBase did is perfectly fine, IMO, when you’re certain that the source exists and is easily found. Of course, couldn’t hurt to paste a link and then break it (e.g. google .com) if you’d rather not actually link to it.

Among President Trump’s worrisome nominees to the judiciary, perhaps none is as alarming as Thomas Alvin Farr, a protégé of Jesse Helms, the former North Carolina senator, and a product of the modern white supremacist machine that Mr. Helms pioneered.

Mr. Farr, nominated to serve on the United States District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina, began his career as counsel for Mr. Helms’s Senate campaigns, where he participated in racist tactics to intimidate African-American voters. This alone is reason to reject his nomination, as is his apparent lying on the topic to the Senate Judiciary Committee. But Mr. Farr’s connections to Mr. Helms’s white supremacist causes and political network go much deeper.

A forthcoming book by Michael Wolff (the same one where Bannon calls the Russia meeting “treasonous”) confirms what I always suspected: Trump and his team never wanted to win the election.

Not only did Trump disregard the potential conflicts of his own business deals and real-estate holdings, he audaciously refused to release his tax returns. Why should he? Once he lost, Trump would be both insanely famous and a martyr to Crooked Hillary. His daughter Ivanka and son-in-law Jared would be international celebrities. Steve Bannon would become the de facto head of the tea-party movement. Kellyanne Conway would be a cable-news star. Melania Trump, who had been assured by her husband that he wouldn’t become president, could return to inconspicuously lunching. Losing would work out for everybody. Losing was winning.

Unfortunately for everyone, he’s so incompetent he can’t even lose right.

That article is amazing.