Failing Trump administration. Sad!

I was at that spot this year!

(I don’t have those photos on my phone, but here is one looking down in that general area)

The next time Americans put the GOP in charge there will be no democracy to come back to. This isn’t hyperbole - it’s decades of deconstructing all of the safeguards and gatekeepers.

Never boring for sure. I will not miss this thread even for a minute. I will miss the " Wisdom and Aphorisms from President Trump: Great Leader, Great Teacher, Great Supreme Commander, Great Helmsman of our Nation" if for no other reason that has the best thread title of any in QT3 history. Although, there was a lot of cross posting at times, the Wisdom and Aphorism thread, was a great source of dark humor for me over the last 4 years.

The failing thread was source of anger and depression, at seeing the consequences of Trump and his enablers and the misery they’ve inflected on so many.

IIRC that thread was originally titled something like “Stupid Shit Trump Said”, and only got the current one right after the election. I’m expecting another title change on November 4th…

I don’t remember when the title was changed, maybe @Timex will remind us.

I posted this response early on

This is Timex first post to start this thread.

It seems so innocent and quaint. The leading candidate for the Republican party, showed ignorance about the situation in Puerto Rico. Those were the days, those were the days and they were only 14 months ago.

At this rate by the end of Trump’s term, our President is going to make the crazy street people in Berkeley sound like perfectly rational human beings.

Now mind you Berkeley street people in some cases literally wear tin foils hats, but I’d say my post was pretty prophetic…

In my mind that one and this are a bit conflated. But you’re right, that one is the one we’ll miss more. But good fucking riddance.

What you cannot do, is let your guard down and think you have won, like three Democrats did after Obama was elected.

The Democrats will need to continue to do the hard work after beating Trump, because the trumpists aren’t going to stop fighting.

There is a subReddit called “Trump criticizes Trump” and they pull his comments back to 2012 and before. Spoiler: he was saying stupid shit back then too.

You can actually get a book of DJT’s tweets. I highly recommend this handsome volume to all Qt3ers.

Those rallies are such a carnival of grotesqueries.

Those shirts would work just as well at a Biden rally. His Tweet’s DO matter, and I’m just shocked some people think that’s a positive thing.

Oh they only matter until he tweets something especially stupid, like when he orders all Russia documents unsealed, then they’re just jokes or “advisory.”

I’m hoping the unredacted Mueller Report is released soon! My understanding of it is that it implicates Herr Trump but you can’t try a sitting president (although I’m told that was started by Nixon when he was under fire, which makes it meaningless).

In the part we’ve already seen, it very clearly states that if there was not evidence to support the fact that Trump’s committed crimes, that it would say so. And it very explicitly says that is not the case, and that it is explicitly not saying so.

Like, this is literally in the report, in the first few pages of section 2.

That was the problem, though. America sucks at riddles.

Oh, good. They’ve got their own Little Red Book, too. This is promising.

I sincerely wish shit like this mattered. And I desperately want to get the country back to a place where people have the bandwidth to care about this sort of thing.

Here’s hoping Biden delivers such a resounding defeat of Trumpism that the GOP backs off from the brink.

From your keyboard to God’s ear buddy, amen

They already went over.

If Biden wins, someone with guts, willingness for hard work and capability need to start fresh for those supposed conservatives out there that are also not, you know, deplorable or faux Libertarians trying to act like conservatives.