Failing Trump administration. Sad!

I give Rex two weeks, tops. Maybe even by Friday. Nobody calls DJT a ‘fucking moron’ and gets away with it. Especially once the fact that it happened gets leaked.

It’s a lot harder for him to replace a cabinet secretary than White House staff. He’d have to find someone who is both willing to work for him and will be confirmed by the senate. I think he would have fired Sessions long ago but he knows he can’t replace him.

Seriously, Tillerson is gonna be fired within days. Before the end of the week.

Like I said, he just won’t bother having anyone take over. He’ll just leave it empty.

Leave the Secretary of freaking State job empty?? It’s one of the original cabinet positions from 1789.

I hear Hillary Clinton needs a job.

I want you all to know I have absolutely no idea how this joke will land. I laughed wholeheartedly when I thought it in my brain pan but every time I read it I get a little sadder.

He might just give the job to Ivanka.

I gave a rueful, sardonic chuckle.

Oh no, I hope we don’t jinx it. I just said that to my girlfriend “Just watch, he’ll appoint someone even worse, like Ivanka”.

Heh.

Hmm.

I guess he didn’t have to replace anyone he fired on the Apprentice. He may not be aware that the cabinet is supposed to work differently.

LOL. Shame the video was pulled. (Edit: the video was restored somehow and you can also watch it on the MSNBC site.) This elevates Hayes quite a bit in my mind.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/a-death-spiral-tillerson-makes-nice-but-may-not-last-long-with-trump/2017/10/04/7ad19894-a921-11e7-850e-2bdd1236be5d_story.html

For months now, Trump has been piqued by rumors of disloyalty that have filtered up to him from Foggy Bottom, the home of the State Department. In private meetings, the president has also been irked by Tillerson’s arguments for a more-traditional approach on policies, from Iran to climate change to North Korea, and by Tillerson’s visible frustration when overruled. Trump has chafed at what he sees as arrogance on the part of an employee.

And as Tillerson has traveled the globe, Trump believes his top diplomat often seems more concerned with what the world thinks of the United States than with tending to the president’s personal image.

High crimes indeed.

Has he done this before where he says he has confidence in a subordinate and then fires them a week later? It seems like he has, but my memory is a little fuzzy. Once he’s fired a few dozen people, they all blend together in my mind.

Yeah, people have been calling that the kiss of death. However, in this case I have a feeling that something may be preventing Trump from actually firing him.

In college football, the affirmative vote of confidence in a head coach is a dreaded kiss of death.

Knowing where the skeletons are buried, perhaps?