Failing Trump administration. Sad!

There was a massive restructuring in '47 under Truman, though I don’t recall the details.

That sounds right. There was no more need for a war department. After all, there was The Bomb. And World War II was The War To End All Wars But For Real This Time.

Trump decides to name Larry Kudlow to head the National Economic Council; the Dow falls (as of this moment) 280 points.

If Dems want to fight Haspel, I think they can keep her out of the CIA. Hard to imagine McCain would confirm her, and Rand Paul has said he opposes her appointment.

Oh I hadn’t heard that Rand Paul was opposing her. Here is McCain’s tweet

https://twitter.com/SenJohnMcCain/status/973643361922895872

And his longer statement.

“In the aftermath of the September 11th attacks, our government squandered precious moral authority in a futile effort to produce intelligence by means of torture. We are still dealing with the consequences of that desperately misguided decision. Current U.S. law is clear in banning enhanced interrogation techniques. Any nominee for director of the CIA must pledge without reservation to uphold this prohibition, which has helped us to regain our position of leadership in the struggle for universal human rights — the struggle upon which this country was founded, and which remains its highest aspiration."

I’m guessing Gina is not extending her thoughts and prayers to speedy return of the Senator.

No, but I’m sure she’d be quick to offer him a quick plane trip to view her work firsthand with complementary black “hat.”

Goddamn I fucking hate the CIA torturers.

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/378353-rand-paul-to-oppose-pompeo-haspel

Of course he says stuff like this all the time and then capitulates later, so who knows.

I think Pompeo will be confirmed, but Trump is going to have to find someone else for CIA. Haspel’s got big problems.

Thaaaaat’s…probably not good.

A top lawyer for the Trump Organization was involved in trying to enforce a secrecy agreement that adult film star Stormy Daniels signed in exchange for $130,000 before the 2016 election, new documents show.

Jill A. Martin, whose LinkedIn profile says she is assistant general counsel for the company, last month signed two legal papers linked to a temporary restraining order against the actress, whose legal name is Stephanie Clifford.

Woof.

You mean because of the Trunp organization taking an action to benefit the campaign? Or something else?

So Sessions is ordered to fire McCabe so they have cause when he refuses?

If Trump fired sessions, and then tried to put in someone to circumvent the Senate approving of a new AG, we go do far down the rabbit hole that failure to respond from the GOP becomes straight up treason, and bad shit is going to start happening.

Worse shit. The past year has been full of plenty of bad shit already!

It’s a second attorney, one who officially works under the umbrella of the Trump Org, actively participating in action to arrange hush money payments to Daniels.

It makes it very difficult for anyone involved to claim that this was done without Trump’s knowledge. It also undercuts the Cohen potential explanation that he was acting on his own as something of a rogue element.

Getting close to the point where we all need to stop going to work and march on washington all day every day until he’s gone.

Getting close to the point where you should probably buy a gun.

Just moments ago someone was on TV telling Anderson Cooper that Martin was just a friendly lawyer who happened to be available, and was in no way materially working on the case.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/larry-kudlow-may-have-been-more-wrong-about-the-economy-than-anyone-alive/2018/03/14/a98f2292-27ce-11e8-b79d-f3d931db7f68_story.html?utm_term=.1c8d1f5bf605

“Despite all the doom and gloom from the economic pessimistas, the resilient U.S. economy continues moving ahead,” Kudlow wrote on Dec. 7, 2007, in National Review, predicting that gloomy forecasters would “wind up with egg on their faces.” Kudlow, who previously derided as “bubbleheads” those who warned about a housing bubble, now wrote that “very positive” news in housing should “cushion” falling home sales and prices.

“There’s no recession coming. The pessimistas were wrong. It’s not going to happen,” wrote Kudlow. “ . . . The Bush boom is alive and well. It’s finishing up its sixth consecutive year with more to come. Yes, it’s still the greatest story never told.”

If that was the greatest story, this should be a close runner-up: Trump has just put the country’s economic fate in the hands of the man who has arguably been more publicly and consistently wrong about the economy than any person alive.

I’ll let you tell that to my wife. I’ll be in the next state.

Trump’s soon-to-be top economic adviser.

I’m not talking about public opinion.

I’m talking about making that claim to a judge and prosecutor.

It isn’t legally tenable.