Failing Trump administration. Sad!

No.
This all came out because a lower level stagger specifically told them that they weren’t allowed to spend more than $5k on remodeling, and then they punished her for it.

I think you’re off by about a decade there: when asked when he thought America was Great, he often talks about the late 1950’s. Which makes sense because he obviously gives no fucks about civil rights.

Yep, he literally lives in the black and white version of Pleasantville in his brain.

During the 50s, though, ten-year-old Trump didn’t know or care about steel and coal, iceberg lettuce, or getting abortions for his girlfriends.

Trump’s “mature” thinking on “adult” topics is a product of the 60s. But it’s not the 60s we always see in the documentaries - the Beatles and the Rolling Stones, Midnight Cowboy and Easy Rider, free love and psychedelic drugs, hippies and hipsters, protests and politics and riots.

Trump’s 60s are the Silent Majority 60s: white flight to quiet suburban citadels or unquiet urban ones, white patent leather shoes, Nixon’s The One, Glen Campbell and Tom Jones, My Three Sons and Bonanza, Hello Dolly and The Love Bug, iceberg lettuce and jell-o molds. And after they finished eating the jello-mold at the country club, the Silent Majority Americans would nervously discuss their growing fear that, in the city just over the pool fence, Those People are ruining everything.

As the name implies, there were always more Silent Majority Americans than the hippies and hipsters who actually make it into the documentaries about the 60s. That’s how Nixon became President twice, and Roger Ailes made Fox News into a juggernaut. The 60s didn’t make most people more open-minded or tolerant or free-thinking: it just added a layer of fear and paranoia of the Future and the Other onto their normal narrow selves.

Hey, I liked that movie. This movie sucks.

Daily reminder - it can always get worse.

Blowing it all up, apparently.

Christ, we’re just going to end up with the entire cast of Fox News presenters and contributors, aren’t we?

Let’s not forget he just canned SecState on Monday!

Chaos.

Well, at least the dems can say, “what’s the point in pushing through nominees when they are just going to be replaced?”

It would be bananas for the AG to be fired the same week as the Secretary of State.

So, it’d be ‘on brand’ is what you are saying.

Dems don’t have to say shit. Have we forgotten that Republicans control every step in this process?

I wonder what position Tucker Carlson will be appointed to.

Minister of Propaganda?

Whatever department is in charge of constipation

Daily Dot: Hawaiian lawmaker schools Trump official after he butchers Japanese greeting

HANABUSA: [Relates long story about her grandfather being interned during WWII]
ZINKE: Oh, konnichiwa.
HANABUSA: I think it’s still “ohayo gozaimasu,” [“good morning”] but that’s okay.

So, is Friday the day one would typically pull a night of the long knives? I can never remember when the favorable spot in the media cycle is for pulling bullshit moves. If Friday, tomorrow could certainly be interesting.
Not that Trump has much in the way of forethought or planning when doing stupid things.

Also, I realize that qualifications haven’t been part of the criteria for Trump’s past nominations but is there anything in Pruitt’s past that would suggest he is a rational pick to head the Department of Justice?

12 minute mark for the comment. What a dick. That little smirk, he thinks he’s so clever.