Failing Trump administration. Sad!

But if you haven’t called him a fucking moron at this point, doesn’t that automatically disqualify you from a job in Intelligence?

Oh that’s easy. He’s just tosses in a Senator who ignores him or pisses him off.

Just because we need a ‘Kelly’s reaction’ photo in this thread.

Retiring Senator Bob Corker (R, TN) still has a lot of standard, old school conservatism to him. He said 10 years ago when he ran for office he wouldn’t vote for a budget that wasn’t deficit neutral. He’s stuck by that for 10 years.

And so the current budget and “comprehensive tax overhaul” being paraded around? Not deficit neutral. So Corker is a “NO” vote on it. And his Orangeness had a meltdown over it on Twitter.

And Bob Corker is not having it.

Popcorn.gif.

And a live look at Senator Corker right now (shamelessly stolen from Harry Enten):

Did he refer to it as adult daycare due to the possibility of pee and adult diapers?

Shit is ON.

I wish he’d bite his tongue. This is just going to bump Mattis & Kelly farther up on the list of who to fire next.

I couldn’t be happier. It is going to take 19 Republican senators to get impeach Trump, and I’m sure there is at least score now who vote for impeached if they weren’t scared of the politics. The faster the Republican civil wars the better.

Oh yeah, I agree. I just wish he didn’t mention those two by name. He could say the same thing in a more subtle way that would go right over Trump’s head.

Is the suicide pact of Matthis, Mnuchin and Tillerson a real thing? Because if so, that would be awesome.

I’ve been thinking about what I would do if I was in their situation. Seppuku on live TV is one option to consider. That might be enough to shock some sense into Trump.

Nope. He’d just say he told them to and praise how loyal they were.

There are two keys to our historical moment.

1. Nothing that happens will change Trump’s personality.
  2. Nothing that Trump does will affect his standing with his base or with the Republican party generally.

I find it useful to chant this to myself for 45 minutes each morning to quash any incipient optimism that the dawning of a new day may bring.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/10/08/donald-trump-government-215691

It’s possible the president knew all this, that his tweets were merely inelegant phrasing, and in any event we all can get the gist of what he meant. Then again, it’s also possible, and indeed there is ample evidence, that the president of the United States really doesn’t understand the constitutional process, or even American history, much at all. This is a man, after all, who at the age of 70 seemed surprised to learn that Abraham Lincoln was a Republican.

So here’s a weird question—weird since in our current political culture the answer is unknown: Does it matter whether or not the president of the United States understands how the Constitution that elected him works? Many Americans simply don’t seem to care about that question—which I suppose says a great deal about how much we expect from presidents these days. Or, conversely, how much faith our country has lost in any of our leaders that the bar has fallen so low.

Actually it really should matter to Trump’s supporters that their champion does not seem to understand how the constitutional process works—if, that is, they actually want to accomplish any of their stated goals. For anyone who still cares about such petty matters as separation of powers and representative democracy, it might be instructive to see just how far our country’s chief executive is from understanding them.

“Sep 9, 2015”

Want a good time? Go back one year to our election thread. That week was when Trump 's Access Hollywood audio hit the news. Whew! Good times. A lot of us, me included, thought that was it for Trump. Boy, do I feel dumb now.

“Never underestimate the public’s laziness or stupidity.”

Turns out, no it wasn’t. IOW there is no breaking point, trump IS the GOP now.

I am pretty freaking positive that DJT has never read the Constitution, let alone that he has any understanding of how the government is supposed to work.