Failing Trump administration. Sad!

How long before we first strike North Korea and then end up in a shooting war with China?

Remember:

Remember how Donald was going to give Saudi Arabia the cold shoulder and send neocons from both parties packing? Oh, the giddy days of our foolish youth. Still, we’ll remember them fondly while we scavenge bottlecaps in the wasteland.

Oh hey, guess who Bolton is in bed with? The other It Girl of the week:

Bolton also thinks first striking North Korea is a great idea.

China says if we do they’ll go to war with us.

Pretty sure John doesn’t believe them.

My twitter feed right now is this:

When Dennison and Bolton start a nuclear war with North Korea and or Iran, I hope a missile lands directly on top of stately Mercer compound.

It’s been fun, it’s been real, but it hasn’t been real fun.

Always remember, people, that it was the votes of unreconstructed racists that gave Trump the crucial edge in WI, MI and PA.
We wouldn’t be living through this nightmare otherwise.

I feel better already

Republican congresscritter agrees!
https://twitter.com/RepLeeZeldin/status/976950941919465473

Just look here at this amazing American and his opinion on Iran:

I would agree; most of Bolton’s knowledge, based on his opinions, seems quite ridiculous. Of course, compared to the knowledge of most GOP politicians, a baboon is a fucking Einstein.

FTFY.

Remember, Nuclear bombs don’t kill people, people kill people.

Also the incineration and shockwave from the nuclear bombs.

FAKE NEWS!

That is absolutely crony capitalism. I see 2 major problems from govt research like you describe. First, there is no stopping point for government research. Private companies will eventually run out of R&D dollars or decide there is no longer an incentive to continue research. So they will cease and move to some other sector. In government, the incentives are to keep doing the research because if they don’t they lose resources/personnel. There is no stopping pt for the govt.

The second part is more pernicious. It is that if govt is producing research, then large companies are the ones most likely to get the gains. Larger companies have the lobbyists and resources to use govt to ward off competition. Gains from govt. will accrue to the powerful stopping innovation and newer firms. Then larger firms will use govt. regulation to thwart their competitors (hence regulatory capture).

I see private companies making money off govt being the well-established larger companies which puts start-ups at a huge disadvantage.

Although I am firmly in the camp of nothing happening in NK - given that the Korean war never technically ended it won’t be a ‘new’ war if we want to parse each word carefully…