Failing Trump administration. Sad!

As we have against them and others. That’s tit-for-tat background intelligence stuff.

It’s been on the back burner waiting for the right moment since he got nominated. I expect it to hit when Mueller is ready to present his case. Expect the GOP Congress to grant him “Emergency Powers” or the like. They’ll complain about it the whole time, but they’ll still vote for it. Then the whole experiment will end.

Of course it’s not technically possible for congress to vote extraconstitutional powers to the president without a 2/3 majority for an amendment… and for the moment there is no praetorian guard capable of intimidating the Democrats. The only way this scenario can take place is with a military conspiracy, which isn’t going to happen, Trump’s “generals” notwithstanding, seeing as he seems to have fewer and fewer of them on his side every day…

If there was some kind of conspiracy in train, it would be at least one level more subtle, with the emergency powers coming after a invocation of the 25th amendment to remove Trump from power in a crisis. The “interim” president would turn out to have that kind of support. But I don’t think that’s possible, either. Not yet, anyway.

You say that, but I suspect it will be semantics at that point. The things that are technically illegal that Trump has done are almost beyond number, yet he does them anyway. The only check against him is Congress and that wont happen. And I doubt the military is going to overthrow him. All you need is one general on board, he can sideline or fire the rest when they refuse to follow orders.

The upside would, ironically, probably be Pence. Pence wants to be President and that wont happen in Trumps American Reich, so he would probably enact the 25th and he’d likely find the support (though at the rate Trump is burning through people, maybe they’ll all be part of the Cult by then).

In wartime historically we’ve suspended people’s rights. In WW2 FDR had near unlimited power and the right to Free Speech basically didn’t exist. SCOTUS said that was fine at the time.

You’re overthinking it. The run up to the Iraq war proved how easy it is to manipulate Americans into supporting a war. It’s ingrained in us, and you only need the flimsiest rationale to bring it to the surface.

And in this case, we know that Iran has, or is building, weapons of mass destruction. When Trump cancels the treaty and Iran starts enriching again, that’s all we’ll need.

If Trump cancels the treaty, then we will lose the ability to conduct inspections. That doesn’t mean that Iran will start enriching uranium. If anything, it would become even harder to collect evidence that they are enriching uranium. And one thing that the Iraq War changed is that the government no longer gets the benefit of the doubt.

Those who think that an attack on Iran would suddenly improve Trump’s popularity are forgetting about Obama’s attack on Lybia, or Trump’s own attack on Syria. A few people called the latter “presidential” but they were quickly laughed away.

Meanwhile, the dumpster fires from the previous weeks continue to burn:

Three more lose jobs, but, of course, none of them are Ben Carson.

Carson and Pence are keeping their heads down. Pence because he wants to be the next President. And Carson because he’s a moron.

In my mind I just see Carson smiling at a potted plant and nodding like it’s talking to him while everyone around him goes about their day.

If Trump drains anymore of the swamp I’d worry that it’s going to become a desert.

For some reason I find that unbearable. Was hoping they had used the same tune as the countries of the world I guess.

Bolton gunning for the Mooch’s record.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/josh-rogin/wp/2018/03/28/for-john-bolton-russia-is-part-of-a-new-axis-of-evil/?utm_term=.9f05a756d2d4

The Trump administration has not done enough to respond to Russia’s attack on the United States and our democratic institutions, Bolton said, and Putin must pay a heavy price for his actions.

Trump vs Bolton cage match! I’ll bet Putin wins…

The home office won’t allow that. Bolton fired in 3… 2…1

Add Shulkin to that song!

Shulkin out. And I’ll just bet Ronny Jackson is in favor privatizing the VA.