Fall 2017 TV shows (returning and new)

Ok your right Jessica Camacho I thought was Toni Trucks! However Michael Irby definitely made the transition from Taken to Seal Team!

The woman do not look exactly alike but enough for me that they remind me of one another so completely in these rolls…

I caught the pilot of The Resident tonight. It came on after Football, and I kept meaning to turn it off. But they started with such a strong scene. I couldn’t stop watching after that. Still, despite the strong pilot, other than House, no medical show has ever retained me.

Only 2 episodes in, but I am enjoying 9-1-1 on FOX. I saw it was already renewed for a 2nd season.

Oh hey, Timeless Season 2 is starting in March!

Sweet! Thanks for the heads up. I really enjoyed that show.

Cool! Now I have to go re-run all of season 1 so I remember wtf is going on

in the last episode wasn’t it revealed that her mom was really behind all this? I’ve completely forgotten

Yeah, the mom is in on the Rittenhouse Project.

Is The Americans coming back in March/April as usual (the last season as I understand)? I wonder how Stan is going to catch Phil and Elizabeth? or whether?

Well, if you’ve seen some previews:

Paige is gonna be involved in the family business. I can only assume Paige will be as annoying in that role as possible by getting into trouble and having the parents bail her out. Doing so, unfortunately, means that they take a big risk that may leave them exposed. Everything seems all right but the next episode Stan begins pulling on that thread. Then… then I got nothing.

Good news about Timeless. I was disappointed when it was cancelled and had not heard it had been un-cancelled. This time travel does a great job IMO of integrating episodes / characters from US history. I particularly liked the one with Hemingway. I liked Abigail Spencer’s performance as Lucy, but Malcolm Barrett as Rufus was IMO the MVP.

Agreed about Malcolm Barrett. Abigail Spencer’s performance was good but she’s so painfully thin and wan she looks like she’s about to pass out on set in some scenes. What have I seen the bog-standard white guy in apart from this–he looks familiar.
One other detail I remember: Rufus’ girlfriend has some kind of acute onset of something at the very end of the last episode. Starts bleeding from the eyes and stuff.

On the show’s subreddit there’s a pretty convincing case that something from the first season will be Phillip and Elizabeth’s undoing: a necklace. I’ll say nothing more here.

Good to see Timeless come back. It is kinda stupid but I have a weakness for almost anything with time travel. And my wife loves the show.

Yay! I’m really looking forward to it. March 11th!

I was surprised at the little hooks they had in Season 1 to get me to care about these historical figures that I previously didn’t really care about.

I resemble this remark!

Has anyone watched an episode of the new NBC show, Rise?

I’m confused as to what exactly is supposed to be so inspiring and meaningful. The music and the presentation is top-notch. The show clearly wants me to think something meaningful is going on. But what? The kids were already in drama class (most of them). The only thing that’s changing is they’re now being taught by a new teacher, and the play he’s having them do, which is Spring Awakening.

I’m assuming the bits and pieces we see of Spring Awakening are bits and pieces for a reason. Maybe the play itself is what’s so inspirational, and they want to keep that from the TV audience until the appropriate emotional moment to reveal the proper scenes in question. So I suppose I should refrain from looking up Spring Awakening on the internet and spoiling myself.

I also had a complete weakness for time travel shows…until this one lol. it cured me!

Legends pretty much fills my needs in this space now…and even it gets on my nerves from time to time

Oh yeah, thanks for the reminder about Timeless. I had forgotten the new season had started. I’ll catch up on the NBC website.

If my wife wasn’t 100% into Timeless I think after the first two episodes this year I would be deleting the recording of it.

Caught up on the first three episodes of Timeless season two, and it seems mostly the same as the first season. Which is fine since I liked it well enough. The main difference is that we see more behind the scenes of Rittenhouse, instead of it all being a big mystery. Still can’t think too hard about the logic behind the plot, but that’s nothing new. I’ll keep watching for the fun trips to interesting times and amusing future references. (Favorite thus far, Fresh Prince of Bel-Air recitation by Rufus.)

That was pretty great-- I was racking my brain trying to remember who was playing Hedy Lamarr and finally had to go to IMDB --she was the actress/model who played Auslaug on Vikings. Speaking of which, how was the last season? I kinda lost interest after old Ragnar died.