Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes--is this going to be worth $32?

The Dead DLC was worth it for me because by the time it came out I had played enough times with all the other factions that it was great to have something new. As far as it being underpowered, that may be true, but all the AI’s were underpowered compared to the player (at least by late-game) so I didn’t notice it too much. Disclaimer: this was back in 1.4 (I think) so AI has probably gotten better, and I didn’t play too many games after I got the Dead to really judge if it made the game worse having them as an opponent (but from the once or twice I did it didn’t seem so bad).

I never got the Loot pack DLC, though, because I never really seemed to need more item variety. Plus for some reason the bunny slipper stuff just didn’t do it for me.

I’m fascinated by the fact that the bunny slippers are so polarizing. I mean, there are LH fans out there who got legitimately angry that Stardock would dare put such an item in the game.

I like the Dead World DLC personally, but with the caveat that I only play a custom sovereign (ghost empress!) who has the death worship thing where you can turn any shard into a death shard, at which point you can enchant your cities with the thing that gives you +1 growth per death shard. Turning that into plenty of undead legions with which to purge the living is pretty amusing.

I would put the DLC in this order for preference:

Dead > Maps > Quests > Loot

My list of preferences is the exact opposite from yours.

Personally I wish we had more things like Bunny Slippers- but I can see why they are polarizing, so it (like the Dead as a faction themselves) should be checkoffable boxes in sandbox options.

When I go out in public, people sometimes throw bunny slippers at me in protest.

Lucky they didn’t play softball like you did ;)

I like the bunny slippers, but things like that can veer too far into silly territory. That’s probably why I enjoy them so much - they stand apart, and therefore add some character to the game.

Yeah, it really just depends on the type of player. There are people that love them, and people that don’t. For me that makes it a perfect candidate for DLC. The Loot Pack was the best selling of the LH DLC’s, so I think it appeals most to casual players, but the hard core seem to like it the least.

The only thing that seems odd to me is that if something doesn’t appeal to an individual then it is “bad”. I certainly don’t blame anyone for saying that they like the Loot pack least, its that next step of declaring it bad (sometimes quite vehemently) because of that, that confuses me.

I really love the breakdown Mark Rosewater did on magic players. He broke them into different types, I don’t recall the names. But one is a power gamer, one plays to create amazing deck combinations, and one plays to win. I play to make fun decks, I may only win 1 in 10 times, but when I do its because of some crazy combination. Because of that I couldn’t care less about about a ultra-efficient 4/5 for GGG with no special abilities. To me that’s a boring card I would never play with. But the player that wants to win may get really excited when he gets that card.

So to each his own. I’m so glad people have dramatically different preferences on what DLC they prefer. That tells me we are doing it right. We do tend to be a little skewed by what the hard core likes because we are driven more by forum feedback than sales data that we probably should be, but thats cool and we enjoy working that way.

We’ve just released our fifth DLC pack for Legendary Heroes! The Leader Pack adds a new sovereign to each of the ten factions, plus new abilities and items to the custom sovereign creator.

:)

Neat! I’ll buy it.

Also forgot to mention there’s a livestream today with that cool guy Kael, and will be talking about the new DLC and taking questions.

That can’t be Kael! I heard he was a underwear model with long flowing hair! Kind of like Jesus with better abs.

My guess is that sometimes it’s because it’s DLC there’s no way to know if you’ll like it until you buy it, and if you wind up not liking it that builds up extra frustration and resentment for investing money in something it turns out you don’t want. Thus you get “WTF I bought this thing and it was HITLER INSIDE!”

Gah I missed the GMG sale. /sigh.

Stardock stuff is still up for half price on GG (which sells Steam keys, since all our games are Steamworks at this point) if that’s what you’re looking for.

(LH is half off like everything else, it’s still a $40 game – not sure why it’s not showing as a sale price)

Each of those will give us a Steam key instead of it being stuck in the Gamersgate thing?

If it says “DRM: Steamworks” on the right-hand side of the page, it should. There’s also a notice about requiring a third-party client.

Thanks for the heads up on that, Adam!

slight bit of confusion - where are the new traits/skills, like Master Archer and Dragonborn?

They’re hero-specific, meaning they’re special things that come on certain champions that offer to join. You can of course mod them onto anyone, but that requires going into the XML.

Thanks. Got them all :)