Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes--is this going to be worth $32?

Legendary Heroes is on flash sale for 80% off ($8).

The v1.7 update is out today! Class-specific items, AI improvements, balance overhaul, and more. :)

Patch notes

Awesome news! I can’t wait to check out the new items and see how the AI plays with the update!

I stumbled over this yesterday, can’t remember seeing it mentioned here: http://forums.stardock.com/454456/page/4

New non FE-sequel strategy game in the Elemental universe, founder’s pre-order program up and running.

$20 is cheap!

But Is still need more concrete info about the game to sell me on it.

Yeah same here, but on paper it sounds excellent.
Just need to see a little bit more.

Yeah, that is up for the real hardcore players, so it’s not being marketed or anything right now.

Just to clarify, does this $20 purchase get you access to the full game when it’s released?

Yes it does.

I’m a little confused as to what you get today. Is there a playable build yet, or do you just get to look at some concept art?

Right now it’s access to a private Founder’s vault, similar to what’s being done with GalCiv3, where you can get a look at development, assets, etc. Early access will be given this Fall (don’t quote me on that).

I don’t know if you can answer this (by all means ignore if you can’t): Will the price be changing at Early Access / Release?

I like that Founder’s vault idea, plus the full game at release, that’s an easy $20 to spend.

I don’t have a definite answer to that. It’s quite possible, but I’ll try to see what I can confirm.

I can tell you for sure that there is nothing to confirm yet. Sorry Kevin!

No worries! It was just the $25 price point that got me curious about what… scale… of game this is intended to be, if that makes sense. Trying to determine if $25 was an early order/supporter discount or if that is the intended price point of the game would have just helped me calibrate my sights a little bit. :)

By “scale” do you mean “quality”?

I kid, I kid…

I’m more wondering if some of the content from the next game could be backmodded into LH, or vice versa. It really sounds like the game I actually want is a combo of the two games.

I still find LH pretty schitzo in its design, of all the big-name TBS’s I play, LH is the one that feels most like a Frankenstein. That doesn’t make it bad, but it can be a bit jarring and frustrating.

I wouldn’t hold your breath.

I still find LH pretty schitzo in its design, of all the big-name TBS’s I play, LH is the one that feels most like a Frankenstein. That doesn’t make it bad, but it can be a bit jarring and frustrating.

How do you mean? The dichotomy between the monster-killing/adventuring game and the war-with-enemy-empires game, or something else?

Yeah, I’d wait until there are more specifics to talk about. I unfortunately can’t really answer those questions at the moment :(