Falling Skies - TNT

Coming in June. Haven’t seen much on this, but AiCN has a trailer and some info up: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/49057

This show is a big question mark. It’s got great creative pedigree with Spielberg producing and writers culled from projects like Saving Private Ryan, The Pacific, BSG and LOST. On the other hand, Noah Wylie, Moon Bloodgood and Drew Roy star along with Will Patton, almost as if TNT cobbled the cast together from people under contract from other TNT projects.

Still, the effects in the trailer look pretty good, and given the writing crew, the story could turn out to be fairly compelling. At the very least it’s something to be cautiously optomistic about for summer TV.

I saw a trailer for this in a movie theater a while back, and got interested. Definitely gonna check it out.

The elevator pitch for the show is “Walking Dead, but with alien invasion.” I’m not sure what to think about it at this point. Spielberg’s other show (Terra Nova) got moved out of the summer and I’ve got no clue whether that’s to round more people up to watch this or because they wanted to get way the hell out of the way. I’ll give it a shot, at any rate. Having it in the summer means that there’s not as much competition trying to force it out of my rotation, so it can have a little room to develop.

I will say that premiering in June is the stupidest idea that I’ve ever heard. As one of the networks that pioneered original scripted summer programming, TNT should damn well know that you hold your series until after Independence Day. I guess this will be an interesting experiment to see what happens to a summer series with a big, fat holiday in the middle of it.

Trailer that is not new.

I saw a commercial for it the other night and got the impression from it that the aliens were saber-toothed tigers but from this trailer they are some sort of cephalopod. Very confused. But somewhat interested. Esp. with the chance for Will Patton to reprise his General Bethlehem self.

I had seen the trailers during some basketball games and it does look pretty good, but…Noah Wylie!!! I watched ER. I do not connect him with acts of heroism. However, maybe alien invasions bring out leadership qualities in people where emergency surgery does not.

He is heroic… have you not seen the three Librarian movies?

[runs to put in queue] ;)

Of course, if the Sarah Connor Chronicles could make me like Brian Austin Green, then absolutely nothing should be ruled out.

They’ve put together a nifty little site for this here. The production values look fairly decent and as long as it doesn’t suck as much as V did, I’m willing to give it a shot.

The clips I’ve seen give me a sort of Jericho-but-with-aliens vibe. Which is a good thing.

Dark Horse has a free comic series prequel up online and in their iPad app. It’s okay.

Hmm… I find Noah Wylie a reason to be interested in it in the first place. I really liked those Librarian shows :)