Fallout 4

Just saw this:

Basically, the voice actor that did Three Dog will be reprising the character and he was given permission to release the tease.

So, back to DC then? Interesting.

I believe they always said that Fallout 4 would be back in DC, or at least on the east coast.

This reminds me I never got far in Fallout 3.

Hated and never gave it at first because I kept comparing them to the originals and because I hated Oblivion so much. Got it some time later for the 360 and changed my opinion about it after really giving it a chance but only got about 20 hours in.

Got Fallout: NV a year ago and only put a few hours into it.

So even though I haven’t played these much, it will be dissappointing if they set 4 in the same place. And my issue may not be so much the location but the time period - I really wish they would set it RIGHT after the nuclear blast.

Seems odd that they’d want to revisit the Capital Wasteland. Maybe Three Dog hitched a ride on a BoS dropship to some other locale.

In any case, I’m guessing this will be for next-gen consoles (and PC, of course).

Rumors point to Boston: http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/20/will-fallout-4-be-set-in-boston-2

It’s not too far up the coast, so maybe Three Dog found a repeater for his signal.

I’m hoping for New York City.

I can’t wait to see what version of “this is a totally new engine - not Gamebryo at all - we promise” we get from Bethesda.

I always kind of hoped they did something to flesh out the Commonwealth and the Institute. Those sounded pretty intriguing when they came up in Fallout 3.

Fallout 4 should be set in Jersey. It’s already a post-apocalypse wasteland, so Bethsoft shouldn’t need to do a lot of work. Newark would make a hell of a scary vault.

I thought Rage was supposed to finance development of their own in-house engine.

Nice, looking forward to the Obsidian sequel.

I’m sure Rage was supposed to do do a lot of things for Bethesda and id that it isn’t doing.

Seriously though, I’ve never heard of this. I’m just snarking on the way Bethesda insisted that Skyrim was built on a totally a new engine when it’s obvious that it’s just an amped-up version of the same old Gamebryo Bethesda open-world RPG foundation.

Fallout 4…yea.

I loved Fallout 3 and wondering through the ruins of Washington DC.

Hah hah, true.

But to be honest, I would be happy with their currents advancements. From Oblivion to Fallout 3 they improved their engine decently, and again another tad from Fallout 3 to Skyrim. If they maintain that pace, from Skyrim to Fallout 4 should be enough, imo.

Though if it’s developed for nextgen consoles the graphical jump will be bigger.

Skyrim was a big jump. I was just about to say I’m not ready for another Bethesda Fallout game. But Skyrim vastly exceeded my expectations in terms of my ability to enjoy another Gamebryo game. Maybe it will be the same case here.

Awesome, been waiting for this since Skyrim. Even if it’s just a minor iteration on Skyrim’s engine I’ll be very happy, assuming they equal their past efforts in world building.

The refineries would make an obvious setting, too. But most of New Jersey is actually pretty rural, it’s only the parts that are near NYC (well, and around Camden) that are so famously messed up. Unless NYC is just a glass crater, it would be hard to avoid that taking center stage.

Always ready for a new Bethesda game. One of the few devs I still do day one purchases from. Will be nice to get back into a new Fallout story.

I hope it’s more like Fallout NV then Fallout 3. They did a billion times better job with the role playing in NV. Don’t get me wrong I liked Fallout 3, but NV just blows it away.

yeah, I couldn’t disagree more. I had a much easier time getting into Fallout 3 over NV. Now I thought the mechanics in NV were better. But I enjoyed DC more.