Fallout 4

Corn + mutfruit + tato + purified water = vegetable starch, aka adhesive

I tried that, it was just a bit of a pain to have to get all that going until later when I’d already found quite a bit of adhesive. It was having enough purified water that my settlement put some into the workstation that slowed me down. Maybe I was supposed to round up the water myself?

Fired this up just now again after reading this thread. Does Proctor Igram not have legs, or is that a bug in my game? I’m following her right now and she doesn’t appear to have legs in her power armor frame.

It should come up pretty early in conversations with her, but no she doesn’t have her legs anymore.

Purified water is pretty hard to find. Actually dirty water is pretty hard to find too. I made Sanctuary into a big water purification station with like 8 purifiers and all the generators and wires required for that. When I find myself back there I load up and then sell about half.

Oh wow that’s cool. I don’t remember that conversation, must have skipped past it. Thanks!

Guap I did the same but all those settlers apparently default to purified water as their source of sustaining drink, and apparently showers, and probably watering the weeds. I never had more than about 4 or 5 there. Then I built a couple of purifiers at the drive-in where I had zero settlers and that place makes bank for water.

I have a ton of settlers in Sanctuary, which is probably my issue.

Thanks for the tips, guys - would have never occurred to me that Lone Wanderer would work with Dogmeat as a companion! Is that confirmed?

I’m trying to figure out where to make my “Home” - I cleared out the Hangman Alley or whatever it’s called but there’s no Workbench there (I did not clear it out as part of a Minuteman/settlement quest - is that why?) Does the Taffington Boathouse have a Workbench already there?

Yep. Lone Wanderer (Fallout 4) | Fallout Wiki | Fandom

If you want to make settlements fun and not a PITA you have to get the local leader perk. For me it’s a required part of the game. Then you can build anything anywhere. I have an arty station on all settlements now. The other thing that perk does is you tag one settler for the provisioner that takes the caravans back and forth. Eventually this changes the landscape of the game as you have tons of provisioners running around you’ll see randomly all the time. They’ll even fight with you. It’s like starting a Wastleland Patrol.

Yeah I’m thinking of moving my “home” (where all my followers go) somewhere other than Sanctuary. Maybe the airport lounge since I’m about to cross the point of no return with MIT and be all buddy buddy with the Power Rangers.

Do you have to do a Settlement quest to make a place your home settlement?

Just the initial one, JeffL. Then Preston Garvey will lead the settlers to Sanctuary and ask you if you want to help the Minutemen. Part of that help involves freeing new locations for settlements, which is kinda of like a radiant quest series he will give you over time. I don’t think I’ve been able to free one otherwise until he gives me the quest for it though.

OK, so I cant move in and set up the boathouse until I’ve done a freeing up quest there for Garvey? That must be why when I took out everyone at Hangman’s Alley there was no workshop there.

You know, thinking back to that, I don’t think I was correct. I “freed” Red Rocket and the drive in without any quest to do so. I’m not sure on the boathouse.

Yeah, some settlements (ie. Abernathy/Tenpines) have related quests that need to be completed before you can move in, others (such as the boathouse/red rocket/starlight) you just need to clear all the critters in the cell. As soon as you can activate the workbench and enter the settlement menu, it’s yours.

That makes sense. It seems to be a mix.

I thought I’d post a couple of screenshots with the extreme differences on the weather mod I’ve got.

This one was something akin to a meteor storm. It was early morning and foggy but as dawn broke I noticed the sky was different and heard these long distant sounds similar to thuds of explosions. As I walked out of the woods toward the shore, I noticed the storm. The effects were awesome, with massive fireballs and small trails streaming by, and it lit up the ocean with an orange glow, making it look like lava:

And this one happened around dusk as I was rounding a curve on the road. I approached a bait shack in Far Harbor and the fog rolled in, but this time it was green hued and spooky looking. As the night sky changed it took on this crazy red glow.

I just went to a quest location and stumble on a 3 way fight between gunners, BOS with a power armor knight, and some legendary/named super mutants…and then had heavy fog set in so I couldn’t snipe worth crap. Luckily I had a lot of frag grenades and a shotgun. Crazy thing is I think the Gunners had the vertibird.

I love wandering in on those. I let them battle it out, and similar to you, pick off the stragglers. Tons of loot that way. I’ll also throw mines down if I see the patrols pathing near me. Even if they don’t hit them, I can snipe and detonate one near them, and if placed well, set off a chain of a few of them together.

I am starting Fallout 4 again after a long time.

I remember there was a mod or something to fix the crappy Scrap UI where you had to press R and then enter each time, hundreds of time.

Does anyone remember what this is?

I wish I knew, I need that mod!