Fallout 4

They don’t. I tested this by having a gun I thought was probably a pistol and noted its damage. I then got a point in the gunslinger perk and its damage did not increase while my 10mm pistol did get a boost. I guess I have to uninstall the mod then. Its a shame, I kind if like the extra lethality. People are not bullet sponges.

You might try one of the pistol mods that should work with Modern Firearms; if you are on PC you can find them through the mod tool, or the Nexus for sure.

I just moved everyone to Covenant and put in a bar, jukebox, pool table, the works, in the center of town. All my companions are there now, Strong walking around complaining how weak humans are while Cat, Nick, Piper and everyone else wander around and sit down at bistro tables by the big tree in town.

Would this be enough pistols:

BL GUNS at Fallout 4 Nexus - Mods and community?

“Cause this is f******* awesome!!” - Mr. Torgue

Looks like the massive, uncompressed texture pack (official) is out now. Reminder; it’s 58GB and requires serious hardware to run, because it’s the raw, uncompressed (cannot get better than) textures.

Are they drop in replacement files, just high res? I wish I had the GPU for that. I’m too stuck on my gaming laptop to want to upgrade just for nicer fallout textures.

From what I can gather, they replace every texture in the game with the original, uncompressed textures they used while creating the game (hence the incredibly steep requirements). I suspect (strongly) that now these are available modders can make use of them to put something together that still looks almost as good (I even imagine, indistinguishable) but quite a bit smaller in scope and size.

I found a folder and rather than ignore it, like I normally do, I picked it up. But it wasn’t in my Junk category it was in Misc. I looked and it appeared to contain several magazines like Gun Nut - but I got no boost from looking at them in the folder.

Is there a way to use the magazines in the folder???

I didn’t even know that folders were anything but junk. You may have just changed my mind on that.

I’m currently doing the cult of Atom quests in Far Harbor, man its creepy walking around in there with the whispering.

So is this going to break all of my mods?

Are they “burned” magazines or comics? I run across those and all I think you can do with them is scrap them for cloth I think.

They don’t look burned. They look just like when you find them on a desk, etc.

So I’m at the weapons bench in Sanctuary and I hear some shooting. Now, Sanctuary does get attacked, but rarely. I exit the workbench (thanks, Bethesda, for the totally unnecessary and annoying animation there), and there’s a friggin’ Deathclaw whaling on a turret while the usual crowd of whiny Sanctuary proles plink away at it with popguns. I give a couple of bursts from my HK UMP .45 carbine and it’s Deathclaw steak night at the diner. It was pretty funny though.

I’ve been in Far Harbor (Fah Hahbah,) for like 10 levels now it seems like. I’ve seen about one settlement attack message, from the mainland no less, just about every play session. It’s annoying and being as I’m supposed to be days of travel away, I really wish Bethesda had muted those messages while in the DLC area.

I’m expecting to go back once I finish and find nothing but ruins. I really don’t know what happens when defense fails. Can you lose settlements?

You don’t lose them but the infrastructure (water, crops, defenses, stores) can take damage, lowering happiness,which could cause some settlers to leave if it gets low enough.

I did all of Far Harbor but only only got a couple of settlement defense mission in the Commonwealth, FWIW. And yes, it is annoying.

No totally separate items:

Well that makes me care even less, lol. I come home to a few less generic settlers that will quote random phrases to me. Perhaps I should rethink my support of the Minutemen, I just don’t think my heart is in it.

Thanks for the info @Grifman!

I came back to defend a graygarden and found one of the named settlers there dead. He was a merchant too. Mr. Greene. Pretty sad.

The texture pack? Shouldn’t break anything.

The requirements say 1080 minimum but lots of people are reporting it runs 60fps on a 970. How consistent that experience is I have no idea.

Hrm … in that case I may be willing to be a guinea pig to see how much it dogs my GPU.