Fallout 4

Hmm, are you using any mods. Settlers are immortal as are provisioners, but maybe robot settlers aren’t?

Only using homemaker and a mod to expand the build limit. I thought it was weird when I found his body over by the house…near the spawn point for raids. From where he fell it looked like he must have fallen fighting a raid. Weird.

I’ve lost a settlement. Nordhagen. Blew off too many attacks, and was greeted with a message saying they were no longer allied with me. I don’t really care about it, though, so I’m not sure how I win it back.

I’ve also had plenty of settlers and provisioners die in settlement attacks, including robots. Their corpses never go away either, so as to always remind me of their sacrifice.

There are a couple of scrap everything mods. I forget which one I have, but it specifically helps with the corpse problem, allowing you to scrap them. Such an awesome mod feature too.

Further research reveals that some “named” settlers, can die (though none of the Concord bunch, yes, Marcie will live forever), which is kind of strange, but unnamed settlers cannot die. They can take mini-nukes, and get up and complain about the “bed situation” :)

Is there a mod that removes the requirement for the local leader perk or removes all perk requirements for settlement development?

I don’t know about mods, but (if you’re on PC) you can always use console commands to take care of those.

Definitely some named settlers die. I had old farmer Finch lose his wife and sons but still stay on the job through thick and think. It was their own fault they croaked, as they charged power-armored raiders with knives.

I’m still laughing about this last one. If you haven’t done vault 88 then you might not want to read this as it is spoilerish

So I get another attack warning. This time for vault 88 where I had gotten that mega water purifier running. I didn’t want to even risk losing that so I fast traveled there and beat off a gunner attack mostly from the main vault entry. After the smoke clears I look around to start looting and there lying on the ground is Clem in his blue vault suit. I didn’t know whether to laugh or cry. That goofy SOB has gone to the great vault in the sky. Took the first bullet and said goodbye.

RIP, indeed.

Believe I’ve seen one.

Fallout Shelter, the strategy lite game Bethesda released right before Fallout 4 and everyone played for 3 days…is out on Xbox One, free. Kinda fun to switch back and forth between it and Fallout 4.

Still really enjoying F4. At about level 13 right now. Just did the Railroad quest that gives me the special named silenced pistol, though the silenced pistol I currently have has better stats (other than the reduced AP need.)

Found the Taffington Boathouse - I HATE Bloodflies or whatever they are called! They can be on top of you so fast that it’s very difficult to handle them - I had to restart several times. I ended up trying to get just close enough to hit one or two with my sniper rifle then immediately moving away so they couldn’t swarm on me, rinse and repeat. Killed the couple in the house itself (question on that in a minute.) Not sure why there are those laser trip wires that appear to go under water in the boathouse - didn’t see anything underwater. I didn’t clear this out as part of a quest, just found it.

Anyway - I think this is where I’d like to make “my home.” Love the location. I’ve seen some awesome settlements created online made from this place, though I doubt my crafting skills will be that good, but I’ll just play around and see what i can make. But one question - I’m on PS4, added a mod that lets you “Clear anything” but it will only scrap bodies that are preset at a settlement. So I can get rid of the body of the lady upstairs, but I don’t see any way to get rid of the blood bugs I killed in the house. I certainly don’t want huge dead bugs in my home - any tricks to get rid of them?

On weapons: I’ve modded up a shotgun with a scope that does 105 damage, shotgun shells aren’t too hard to find, and as my as I want my modded scoped silenced 10mm pistol to be my main weapon and my sniper rifle (not yet able to put a silencer on it or convert to .50 ammo (though I never see that ammo anywhere, even with the perk to find more ammo - does that perk only give you ammo for weapons you own?) be my secondary weapon, but even modded up it seems the 10mm pistol isn’t as lethal as I’d like. I end up using the shotgun (at 105 damage currently it’s pretty lethal) but then you only get two shots on the VATS, or the sniper rifle, or a modded up assault gun (though it also gets only two shots in VATS.) I suppose as I get my sneak up I’ll use the silenced 10mm more in clearing buildings etc. when I can fire while still hidden.

That said - love the ability to build my own weapons. Also, I still haven’t really found a weapon better than what I’ve already modded up (only at level 13 or so though.)

Here is my base at Taffington Boathouse. It includes a bunker with all my power armor, weapons and a robotics workshop. Behind it is the atrium from the Vault Tek building dlc. I place a warehouse glass roof over the ruined ceiling of the house proper where I have my living quarters.

http://imgur.com/XcOaZus

Mary Sutton’s body will respawn even if you drag here away and dump her outside the property. I think you can use a console command to delete her but I’ve been wary of doing that and screwing up my saves. Probably safe though. I just put her in the bathroom and close the door.

Only using the settlement homemaker mod and a mod to get rid of the build limit. I would have gone way over with what I have there. I got lucky and the brahmin body and bloat flie corpses disappeared. Bloat flies never seem to bother the settlement so far either.

Edit: Didn’t see that you were on the PS4 so not sure if you have console command…probably not. You might want to check in see if there is a total conversion mod available for the house. I saw one on PC that fixed the roof completely. It might also remove the bodies.

Also saw one guy use missiles to launch bodies out of the settlement area. Not sure if they will respawn though. Mary will probably just come back as bloody chunks :)

Nice boathouse, @Vic_Davis! And to those questions, I only vaguely remember clearing the boathouse, I don’t think I had a quest for it either. But I surely missed laser tripwires in the water. I wonder if there is something there?

Hey Thanks! There’s a little story behind the Sutton’s. You need to read the note on the body and then explore about a bits. It’s not an official quest I’m pretty sure. Just one of those nice little stories the permeates the FO4 Boston area.

I’ll head back to the boathouse then. I probably missed the backstory on it. It’s easy to do in this game. There are some subtle details throughout.

I will say the Modern Firearms-Tactical Edition mod (I think that’s its name) is a hoot, though I’d not recommend it for your first play through. Combat gets really lethal, because the bad guys have the same guns you do, scaling up with their expected badass-ness. Getting perforated by a Super Mutant Master toting an M60 machine gun is pretty hardcore. Of course, using a .50 anti-materiel rifle to headshot a named bad guy is also satisfying (even better maybe is using it on, well, materiel, like Sentry Bots). And the armor in the mod looks pretty good, if glaringly out of place sometimes. Oh, and giving your companion a silenced HK SMG and going on a stealth rampage is pretty wild.

The modding is over the top and only true gun geeks will actually understand all the minutia, but it as always boils down to numbers. What I like a lot is that suppressors decrease damage, so you have to choose between maximum impact and minimum noise; can’t have both. The built-in system of switching between things like fire modes and suppressors on and off (as well as bipods and dual-purpose scopes) is nifty, though it requires a hotkey mod and is quirky; you have to make special versions of each weapon (through the vending machine) and there are some oddities. But when you can hit a key and go from a silenced assault rifle doing 127 damage on full auto (compared to the base game’s like 20 or so damage for a full auto weapon), to a 40mm grenade launcher under the barrel lobbing a spud that does 300-400 damage, yeah it’s good.

I totally want to use that mod, but I’m a pistol build currently. :(

Update for me, I’m coming to the end of the Far Harbor DLC, which saddens me. It’s the part where you basically make all your final choices, and then I’m back to the mainland. I’m going to miss Far Harbor. Such a well done, DLC. It has a very unique play setting, and has provided some excellent moral choices as you learn more about each faction.

I’m truly going to be sad leaving the island.