Fallout 4

The main story is also horrible, if thats any consolation. ;)

Hey btw anyone playing Fallout 4 and missing: I hated Vortex and still do just a bit. But it does not take long to get it working smooth and in the end I think It might be better than the old mod manager. I hate change. I cursed it for two days. But it does work.

Fallout 4’s season pass is only $13 or so in the Xbox live sale. That’s kind of tempting. Though I know there’s so much content in the main game, I’ll probably never get to Far Harbor or Nuka Cola Land.

Far Harbor is MUCH MUCH better written than the rest of Fallout 4. I would highly recommend it to you.

Far Harbor on survival mode. I won’t give any hints but … overhanging trees …. and that expansion is atmospheric and deadly. Plus one of those weird times Bethesda has the quests tuned to progression.

Buts yes Malicha11 is right not that he needs me to say it.

Ok this mod has changed the game. It is real. SSD drive load times in and out of environments are 10x faster. What the sam hill! TY FD!

Deleted.

All time low price for goty fallout 4:

Ok I have loaded up Horizon… the def con 5 fallout mode mod. I may start a new game tomorrow (I gave myself a day off).

Bat if you are running around did you ever play it?

I feel like I WANT this game to be good more than it is good… but this mod on survival mode should be hardcore.

(“Horizon” is a total extremist view of what should be the naked wasteland. I hope AC doesn’t see my name and search “Naked”)

No, I never got around to playing it. To be honest the emphasis on resource gathering and building settlements doesn’t really appeal to me.

Also a favour: can you start using tags @KristiGaines like this because it’s so easy to overlook if you’re asking something of someone, especially if they only have a passing interest in the thread :)

Will do Bat … as soon as I figure out how. And yeah horizon does seem settlement oriented. Now lemme figure out this tag thing…

More than settlements, Horizon seems to think that the solution to Fallout 4’s deficiencies is crafting and more crafting. That’s why I decided not to mess with it. Just far too involved, IMO.

Thread arise!

Sorry, just had a friend gift this to me over the holiday and am trying to figure out what the essential fixes/mods are at this point. In particular, is there anything equivalent to jsawyer or Project Nevada for FO4?

Wow, that’s a big ask! There are like ten trillion mods on the nexus and it highly depends on what you are into.

Allow me to direct you to the adult section. Be who you want to be, and nekkid at the same time!

edit: alternately, use the search there and filter by description / popularity / ratings. Love the nexus. https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4

I am sure folks can direct you to quality of life mods, but as for game-changing stuff, I recommend you play through the game without any substantive mods for the first go-round. Then, knock yourself out; I loved the ones that provided a gajillion more guns, and more “realistic” stuff with all sorts of cool parts, for instance.

Vin FO4 has a survival mode that resembles the mods you mentioned. Survival is a lot harder in most ways, though everything is deadlier including the player character.

Most mods I used for this game are aesthetic, though “wearable backpacks” was a good one, as well as any mod making the map look better. I’ll take a look at what other mods I used I think I still have them in vortex.

The only must have mods for me are those that fix the pip-boy:
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/7762 (clean/black screen)
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1215 (improved map with visible roads)
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/3191 (screen flicker killer)

Really? That’s surprising, in general Bethesda had seemed to be going in the opposite direction - no challenge and no depth. Not needing to mod a Beth game before first playthrough would be something of a novelty, at this point!

Or a brilliant idea for recurring monthly subscription revenue for Bethesda