Fallout 76 - Multiplayer, online, BGS Austin

I mean… sort of, but fooling an AI and running away vs a human is a pretty big difference.

Also the programmers probably aren’t going to put a hostile group of dudes with miniguns outside the starting area.

I think maybe you’ve not had the griefing experience that some of us have had. I recall max level kids in almost every MMO I’ve played that allowed involuntary PvP camping beginner spawn areas.

I don’t have that much play time as it is having to balance work and family and sure as hell not going to waste it trying to outwait camp spawners, or ridiculously overpowered griefers. It’s like playing Elex but instead of the dangerous mobs staying in their zones, they all came out looking to one-hit you then tea bag you for the next 2 hours.

Ugh, degrading gear. This took a huge dip for me.

In Vaguard Saga of Heroes, there where multiple races, but only two factions. I crossed the sea (I don’t know how long it took, maybe one hour) to the enemy continent. In part it was to explore more of the world, but I also did some griefing. I can only imagine the hysteria “Guys, theres a dark elf in our continent!”.

I don’t know if anybody here really cares about this game, but there’s a new gameplay video.

Watching 4 people stand there popping off shots at the Monster Hunter bat-guy makes me wish weapons were cooler.

I never really got the whole 4-person co-op thing. I don’t actually know four people on remotely the same life or play schedule I’m on, who would want to play, well, anything, or with whom I’d want to play anything, probably. I like multiplayer games I can go in and experience without joining a group/party/team or whatever. Just me, though. I know from what I’ve seen around here and many other places that there are tons of people who just love co-op play and apparently have a lot more co-located friends than I do!

Aren’t they just pushing 4-person co-op but not requiring it? According to the reddit post Telefrog linked, you can play solo but not on a private map of your own.

Yeah. Sure. Kill the enormous beast. Take selfies. Get nuked. It’s really making me want to play it.

Lol…I was gonna say…is it just me? Build your base, gather resources, fight boss mobs with your friends, then have it all obliterated in .3 seconds by ‘‘Johnny_wasn’t_hugged_2491’’.

This seems like it more or less highlights the glaring problem you could sort of figure the game might have…

I have to say, I can’t wait until this comes out, I’m really really curious how it’s all going to be implemented.

I’m excited to see the beta test and how fubar it will be.

Man, I had very little interest but you guys are making me want to play this.

Game look like shit. I want play.

More like here come the nattering nabobs of negativism again, I should check this one out for myself.

And what does Solomon Grundy think?

Wow that looks… bad?

I mean… go for it. But that’s a pretty terrible mentality.

“Everyone says that ketchup on chocolate cake would be terrible, but fuck those guys I’m buying $60 worth of it.”

+1. Although I have no intention of buying it unless it ends up playing fantastically. More importantly, though, not sure what a nattering nabob is.

You may be too young to know this.

That I choose to make up my own mind? That I’m going to give a game that’s unreleased and we still have very incomplete information about a chance? It’s good enough for me.

I’m still willing to give it a chance despite how horrible it looks. I’ll wait for the reviews to dissuade me. Until then, I look on with apprehensive interest. Maybe it will pull a DOOM and surprise everybody at release after a pre-release campaign of mostly drek reveals.