Fallout 76 - Multiplayer, online, BGS Austin

Thanks, Rich. I should have looked it up. I was 4 when Agnew said it. Too young?

Very interesting tidbit, though. So, thanks, again.

Back to the negativity, everyone.

Bethesda has earned a “wait and see” posture, at least for me. I’m not going to assume they made the major design decisions in a griefer-friendly way until we see reviews on release.

Wow. It’s like they took everyone’s worst dreams and stuck it in a new trailer… It’s no secrete I am a coop junkie. This looks terrible.

At least I got to see the name of a Vice President I’ve never heard of before.

I think the game looks pretty good. I enjoy survival games, I like coop games, and this looks like a mix of those plus fallout.

Really feels like this place is becoming a lot more ‘get off my lawn, change bad’ lately.

Yep. The trailer made me think I wouldn’t mind working on a settlement and defending it with other Qt3ers. My cautious interest for this game is intact.

That trailer didn’t seem new to me? We saw a lot of that already.

You’re going to have to get more down on it than that if you want to be taken seriously in this thread.

Grr I hate playing games online with friends!

That trailer made this seem to me like it’s a 4-player co-op tower defense game?

Did/will you pre-order F76?

• Certamente, sì
  • No
  • Merda l’erezione!

0 voters

What’s the point of this question? I consider myself fairly favorable leaning toward this game, certainly compare to most others around here, but I’m not planning to preorder.

What is the point of any question? I wish to know the answer.

I could have spared you the effort of a poll: I’d be surprised if this game gets any preorders. I don’t know what this tells you about the popularity of the game itself.

I don’t know about the question not giving any useful info. There’s zero chance of a preorder from me because the basic game concept of MP + persistent + survival crafter hits all the “wait and see” marks for me. In contrast, I couldn’t preorder Fallout 4, Skyrim, Doom, Dishonored, or Prey fast enough.

Wait-and-see for me as well, especially since it’s a multiplayer game, unless I happen upon a great pre-order deal (just checked cdkeys… nope).

Yeah, I would instantly preorder any of Zenimax’s major franchises.

I mean, not RAGE2.

Although to be fair to @divedivedive, I’m pretty sure the first week sales for this will be gangbusters. Kids love this genre, and coupled with the Fallout setting, I have no doubt sales will be strong.

I think my new biggest fear is this will sell like ganbusters and be just a huge GTA online level of success for them, and we’ll be stuck with this nonesense going forward with future Bethesda products. Just wait until they announce the l00t cratez.

Yes but first week sales aren’t meaningful in this genre, you need people to keep playing and buying cosmetics. The graveyard is littered with corpses of MMOs with amazing first week sales. Wildstar launched at #2 in its quarter and made $25 million. Didn’t last.

Wouldn’t first week sales include preorders though?