Fallout 76 - Multiplayer, online, BGS Austin

Conan Exiles alike in the Fallout Universe? Yes please.

Oh and the primary dev is Bethesda Game Studios Austin, formerly Bsttlecry.

I fully expect Fallout: Destiny. And having bought Destiny 2 from humble and uninstalling it after an hour, my interest is zero. But maybe I am wrong and it will be a battle royale game, in which case, my interest is subzero.

Nah, this does sound like a survival/building multiplayer game.

Sheesh, that sounds even worse! :)

John Denver intensifies!

So will this be full MMO giant world, or will it be a smaller DayZ/Rust/etc sized? Or as already mentioned, instanced “MMO” shooter like Destiny?

Either way no interest.

Well, that’s a hard pass from me.

That YouTube video was just posted and it already has more than 400,000 views and 10,000+ comments.

Crazy.

My best guess is this is Zenimax’s stab at an online-only MMO-lite shooter like Destiny. Remember, 2 years ago Destiny was wildly successful and everybody thought that was going to be the next big thing. EA is taking the same stab with Anthem.

They’re pre-announcing this now so they can save Elder Scrolls VI for E3.

Also @ShivaX let me know if you want me to rename the thread.

All we know from the teaser is that it’s about a survivor from Vault 76, right? Where are you guys getting this other stuff? Speculation? Or something has been released?

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1001834696890834950

ESO is successful for them, right? Why wouldn’t they want to milk their other franchise for similar?

I still have a sense that ESVI isn’t even on their radar, and they might not have even started working on it, from comments Pete Hines made just last year.

Well yeah, I mean what else are we going to do? Wait for an actual announcement? Pfff, whatevs.

Why, do they not like money?

Online only?

That was what I wanted to know. I think it’s verging on idiotic to not have the next ES ready to rock and roll by now.

They WILL work on it eventually, but 18 months ago (late 2016) they stated they weren’t even developing it. I imagine such a game would take a LOT more than under 2 years from start to finish, and that’s if they started working on it the day after Pete said they weren’t.

e: The last expansion came out in 2012 for crying out loud.

There are lots of ways to interpret that, could be they were doing pre-production, or developing a new engine, or he was simply making “a statement not supported by facts” as the newspapers like to say. It’s just too hard to believe that they would let their primary franchise sit fallow for so many years.

I like your optimism, and wish I shared it. :(