Fallout 76 - Multiplayer, online, BGS Austin

Every marketing professional should know this: you do not fuck over your Collector’s Edition buyers. They are your biggest fans!

Would love to know who decided it was OK to make the change and why. And then who decided not to get out in front of the drama with a post and pre-apology. Then who decided $5 worth of in-game currency was a suitable make-good.

It’s just unforced error upon unforced error. At a time they can ill afford them.

Keep in mind that the in-game currency costs Zenimax literally nothing. They could have given every Collector’s Edition player a whopping $100 in “atoms” and people would probably have been OK with it.

Of course what would have been smarter, would have been to give them a bunch of otherwise unobtainable cosmetics and maybe a perk card for extra carrying weight usable at level 1 called “Collector’s Edition Canvas Pack”. That would have been pretty clever.

This is a pvp game, so don’t give people a combat advantage. Maybe a permanent or temporal XP boost would be ok.

You’re right, but really, we’re talking about something like 10k people probably. Give them every single item in the shop as an apology. Jesus, you overservice those guys, not cheap out on them.

#11. Profit!

Good news guys. My group is not asking me to consider this game anymore. The one that bought is still playing, he likes to share his bug experiences with us. The one that he suckered into playing with him wont’ touch it again, she only did it that one time. I promised if it ever gets cleaned up in a year or two or five, I’ll consider it.

That’s an easy promise to make because it’s true. I still like the idea behind it, sort of.

So this came up on another forum. Is Fallout 76 a MMO or a survival game?

It’s a shareholder value crafting game.

It doesn’t have much similarity to either, really.

It has a lot of MMO elements but it isn’t massively multiplayer. It’s kind of a non-massively online game.

MMOF. Minorly multiplayer online fuckup?

And the material of which there is unavailability is freaking canvas. I’m pretty sure they could track some down.

Yeah, but they have to gather 12 bundles of old money, some glue, and a poison gland for some reason.

It’s that very rare canvas. Impossible to find.

Just so penny-wise, pound foolish.

I was on when someone launched a nuke. I was pretty far away, but it was a neat event, still.

I feel like the nuke system works really well, at least from what I’ve seen. From the process of launching one, which isn’t easy and requires a group, to what happens on the ground when one hits. Different targets are better for different things, like if you want end-game raw materials, you need to shoot one area, or if you just want tons of stuff to kill, shoot a different one.

And the boss fight is pretty epic, and they spawn in super high level enemies of all different sorts to contend with, so again, teamwork is required.

There are good ideas that others should take from F76 for sure.

24-player non-persistent online seems kind of pointless except as DRM.

Answer: No.

Amusing. I also like what I read on eurogamer where people where thinking of different word for microtransactions (since when a power armor color costs 18 dollars, there is nothing micro about it):

cashgrabbies