Fallout 76 - Multiplayer, online, BGS Austin

It’s certainly possible (or probable) that the Zenimax end of things is just like you describe. I do think it is important though to credit the designers for the stuff they did well. I’ve been playing the hell out of this game since I got it and really enjoy it, despite the bugs.

It does seem like there’s a great game lurking beneath all the problems. When it’s actually finished in March or April they should try to re-launch it, even though that’s very difficult.

Oh that is 100% accurate, not a doubt in my mind. And F76 is an asset flip in that they reused a ton of work done for F4. But that’s fine, it’s a separate game in its own right. Just not a very good one.

It can, apparently, always get worse.

Marketing sells more than the quality of your product.

The deep of the sea is filled with companies with really good quality products that did not sell well.

Maybe not the deep of the sea, that would be boats

It’s pretty much standard procedure for big publishers to throw some more valuable swag towards journalists and influencers who attend their E3 or gamescom showings or some of their own press events. That said, given the context of the Power Armor Edition, the optics on this ain’t too good right now. :)

warning, language issues with this guy, as always. He also doesn’t like the game.

That bag is horrific. It’d be interesting to see what discussions around giving that crap out to people who actually pay 200 dollars for basically swag. Canvas is not leather. There is no reason they couldn’t figure this out if they tried a little harder.

But they did figure it out. They figured that giving the canvas bags to reviewers was worth more than giving them to paying customers.

That’s not the same bag though. I assume, and yes it’s an assumption, that those are different budgets and projects.

The way some are talking about the advertised bags, you’d think they’re gold or something but it’s just canvas. It’s weird that’s the claim.

I don’t really have a horse in this race, but this made me smile today.

Caption: If Bethesda included Nuka Colas in the collector’s edition.

56,583 votes and 852 comments so far on Reddit

This dress comes up all the time… and that is not the same fabric.

I heard they were giving out ice cream bars as well

Every time I see a video of this game, regardless of the content, I feel like downloading it and losing myself in the wasteland once more. Someone upthread mentioned that the game is reduced to the best parts of Bethesda games - exploration and looting, and that he does not miss the NPCs at all - which is right up my alley, as I’ve always had the most fun in the Bethesda’s games when I was out on an adventure, rather than roaming the cities.

I hope they really do manage to turn this thing around in the next few months, because there’s definitely some potential here.

This and Underworld Ascendant are both games that I want to play, but are too sketchy so far.

I mean, it all depends on what you are capable of tolerating without losing the fun factor. For me, the weirdness, wonkiness, and outright bugs and glitches in this game do not outweigh the fun I have roaming the West Virginia wastelands. Every criticism, just about, is spot-on, but still I find I’m obsessed with the game. For me, I’ve got my money’s worth already, despite the flaws. Then again, I was not expecting anything in particular. I had very little knowledge of this game, or its intent, and I’m extremely tolerant of Bethesda-style jank and junk.

That’s encouraging. But it definitely feels like a game that I’m much better off waiting to play in 3 to 6 months, if it can hang around that long.

Can’t argue with that, really, though I have to say that the day to day minute to minute experience isn’t terribly broken, at least for me, and I can go for hours without really seeing much more than the usual jank.

Bat I am right there with you.