Fallout 76 - Multiplayer, online, BGS Austin

At least we now know any issues with 76 aren’t for lack of trying but due to sheer incompetence :)

these idiots better stick to single player games…

Wow. That’s… that’s…

Wait, did Bethesda write their own support website???

You know I saw a stream of this and it didn’t look that bad. Now for sure the steamer had an axe that he used to kill everything …. “axe murderer” etc – but still it seemed like it was ok. I may wait out a few bugs and see where its going in a month or too. I get that its a dumpster fire but ……

I’m sure they’ll get the game at least to middling levels eventually. The problem is… things happen, but why is their front facing staff so bad? Hi guys, we’ve resolved the issue is what you tell your teammates, it was too expensive to make, also your team… like where are the people that formulate the messages you send to customers or maybe just a person who knows you should have consideration when passing along that kind of information?

The customer info thing is pretty much unforgivable in this day and age, agreed. Does it really have much to do with the game itself, though? Maybe in that staggering incompetence on one area of the business could I suppose be indicative of problems elsewhere, but I do think this game shows the real divisions between all the working parts in a game development and publishing environment. I think much of the basic world building and game design for '76 is excellent. I think the technical underpinnings are…problematic. I think everyone can agree the back-end stuff is pretty bad, and some of the meta decisions around the game design are questionable at best. I’m not sure how many of those categories though actually overlap in terms of people or teams. Certainly the developer types have little to nothing to do with customer service snafus or probably the engine, given that dollars to donuts they were told to use what they had.

So I get all the mishaps, the poor play, the technical difficulties. The stupid premium “canvas” crap. (really who orders all that anyways?)

I also get the Bethesda apologists.

But let me ask those people actually playing the game – is it FUN?
Plus I wanna see the greenbrier again --last time I was there it cost me an arm and a leg – and --uh – this next time it might cost me the same.

It’s been answered a thousand and one times in this thread. If you liked Fallout 4 exploration you’ll like this. If you are mostly interested in story an conversing with NPCs or if you disliked Fallout 4 for any way, you won’t like it.

Thank you Kevin. I won’t ask again.

Oh, I didn’t mean to sound snippy! It’s just that fundamentally nothing has changed. The game is what it is, some will like it others will hate it. Whether or not you’ll find it fun just kind of depends on what you’re looking for.

At this point its looking like a really bad decision to make FO76 ahead of Starfield and ES6.

This is a missunderstament. They should have released with a clear “Early Access” label, and declaringit a spin-off of the real serie. They did some of that by telling people is going to have bugs, but it was Todd who did, and everything he says at this point sounds somewhat fake so people did not paid attention.

The game is fun, but all around it seems to be a total disaster.

Hit level 50 last night. Still loving it, warts and all. It’s like Fallout 4 on steroids with all of the side affects of 'roids, but with a ton of excellent gameplay as well.

When it works, of course. Two plus hours of shutdown yesterday for some stability fix or something, dreadful forum structure (everything is sort of crammed into a flat space with no sub-topics or anything), many odd bugs like fast travelling to my camp and appearing each time embedded in solid rock (I can easily get out by jumping, but still), stuff like that.

But, shotgun to the face of a glowing Wendigo? Excellent.

I think for me, the Jury is still out on that one. There are still technical problems holding up the fun, but I have had fun with it, but I have also been super frustrated by it as well.

I have always loved open world exploration games, heck, I spent a lot of time in WoW just traveling around and enjoying the world-building and scenery. I love that kind of thing, and Fallout 76 has a lot of world-building. It is fairly empty, but it also is meant to feel that way, based on the story.

If you are going to play with a friend, fun could be had. Alone? I don’t know.

Maybe not fundamentally but the Stash increase made the game a whole lot funner for me personally! Scrapping stuff I wanted to keep because it didn’t fit in my stash was really killing it for me. So yeah, it’s even better now

True, but I would argue that the stash size increase is only relevant to those who already enjoyed the game quite a bit. If they bounced off it, they wouldn’t have run into those stash size limits. :)

No offense, but why rely on other’s opinions? You can watch a couple of hours of Youtube videos and determine for yourself whether you think the game looks fun or not, right?

None taken grifman you are absolutely right. I did watch a stream the other day and I was impressed with a lot of it. Thanks all for your observations. I plan on waiting it out until it gets cheaper and/or maybe a better solo element (though it looks as though solo isn’t really a problem now).