Fallout 76 - Multiplayer, online, BGS Austin

Silly video.

This is just me playing the piano.

If it comes in a Humble Monthly I’ll give it a try, otherwise I’ll get my Fallout fix from The Outer Worlds.

Have you tried New California?

There’s a miscellaneous quest in one town to play a series of instruments on different roof tops. It’s oddly fun and really nifty, and the music isn’t half bad.

Level 90+ still playing. I do a daily nuike of the Greenbriar (can nuke with code in about twenty minutes), Alot of the routine in my gameplay resembles the time I had with the Division…except Division was more group focused.

Hopefully they add more content, I heard they have some Ohio area gameplay, west of the map. Would be cool!

At some point they are going to open the other Vaults. And it seems that will be dungeons.

So another experience like the launch a nuke quest, but without the nuke thing.

If they where smart, completing one of these events would always reward everyone on the server, but I don’t think they are that bold.

I don’t know why I am still playing this game withouth endgame. Level 132 I believe, I stopped looking at the level.

lol same here. its relaxing. i play while listening to podcasts.

In most traditional MMOs, I loathe the endgame stuff, so this is right up my alley!

What was this people talking about? I found this guy with a open mic while chilling around.

This seems crazy to me.

More:

Bethesda: Courage since Horse Armour '06

I went from “maybe I’ll check this out at some point when it’s a bit more refined” to “I may never give Bethesda my money again.”

“Locking shit you previously had in singleplayer behind always-on-multiplayer paywalls!”

I mean, it feels like they’re just a few steps away from loot crates.

The paint, yeah; in FO 4, you could unlock the pain schemes in-game, for sure. In FO 76, I earned enough Atom to buy some paint for my power armor, but I would never in a billion years pay real money for such crap. It’s not that great looking, and you have to apply it using your own materials anyhow; it’s just a plan, not a real paint.

That being said, the game still is oddly compelling to me. The endgame is utter rubbish, though; I tried a nuke silo activation thing and it was a slog and a half, with little pay off. Well, part of that was I actually didn’t have the final activation code figured out and wasn’t about to spend the time to do so, and I think maybe they intend the silos to be multi-person things, given that I definitely had my hands full on my own. But overall, the endgame seems meh at best.

Bethesda promised to support F76 with regular free content updates. If they had waited to release a major free update and included cosmetic DLC in that, people wouldn’t have been so upset. Guild Wars 2 follows the same business model and nobody faults them for having a cash shop.

out of curiosity, is there any in-game lore explanation for the atom shop?

This guy just cracks me up to no end because he’s such a twat.

Yeah it just looks waay overpriced for a weak multiplayer without persistence or any point or massiveness.

The ultimate problem with this game is that Bethesda sucks balls at making shooter mechanics.

I mean, if the fundamental gameplay mechanics surrounding shooting was better, then this game would be better. But they suck at that.