Fallout: New Vegas

They already had to convert once from FO3 to NV, doing it again for FO4 would be a bit excessive.

Is this an entire new campaign? And its using the Fallout: NV engine?

I read elsewhere that it’s a “total conversion mod” using NV as base game.

This was easily my favorite of the 3D fallouts, and I kind of want to go back and replay with the DLC. I have a pretty burly computer (GeForce 1070, i7-8700, 32 GB of RAM), so I figure I can download a bunch of mods to make it pretty.

I think I’ll give the JSawyer mod a try. Not particularly interested in other mods that change the core gameplay. Is there some bundle I can grab that just makes everything prettier?

I’d be interested in that too.

No bundles, the closest you can get are various STEP guides, but you’ll still have to perform all the steps (including download) manually. Same goes for every Bethesda game.

That’s fine. I just don’t want to go through all the effort of figuring out what I want to do and what works together. Following a list is easy.

I googled STEP guide New Vegas and got this page: Fallout3 - EssArrBee - Step Mods | Change The Game. It has several different mod managers and nothing that makes things pretty.

So I googled “how to make fallout new vegas pretty” and found Make Fallout: New Vegas so beautiful you’ll fall in love again | by outstarwalker | The Backlog: GOG.com Stream Team Blog | Medium which seems pretty close to what I want. Anyone have opinions on that list?

You have a CPU that can handle that kind of ENB mod. I played with an ENB mod too, and once you do, you can’t ever go back to vanilla, since it looks so much better. But I have a first generation Intel i-5 750 from 2009, and it’s not up to the task of giving me a smooth framerate with any kind of ENB. It’s pretty but very low framerate.

Google for ‘Fear and Loathing in New Vegas’, it was pretty current last time I checked. At worst you’ll get some ideas for mods to use, and it has (or had) a nice section breakdown - gameplay, graphics, etc.

Ugh. I installed most of the recommended mods, fired everything up, and the doctor and my character’s face were both big red exclamation points with a weird background. I’m too old for this shit.

I’ve just started replaying this again and had the same issue with the Fallout Character Overhauls (I added via Nexus Manager). The texture packs for the outdoors are good additions and work fine. I imagine many of these mods are no longer supported, such as the color map one where the creator had died.

New California modder in maximum overdrive to get this out, as Bethesda is planning a board game called Fallout New California

Tomorrow!

I sort of last track of all the big Fallout mods but this looks like one of the better ones.

Wait, they are actually going to hit the exact date that they announced all those months ago? That’s amazing.

Wait wait – one of these overhaul mods actually made it? I might play new Vegas again. Very gunslingery after my night so far.

Wow this is free?

Yep free!

Isn’t it great?

How is it? Anyone loaded it up? That may be on my agenda later today. Grab my paciencia (sp?) legendary rifle and a cowboy hat and hunt some super mutants in L.A.!

(I hope Kassandra will forgive me from taking a break ….)