Fallout Shelter (the iOS game)

Disappointed that rare drops turn out to be exceptionally rare. Since the game has no challenge, the only real game after a few days is collecting items, and they seem to only be really available in lunchboxes, as I’ve had dwellers with 10 luck scouring the wasteland for days and never coming up with anything better than rusty laser pistols, except for one lucky rusty plasma I got on an early trek. Still like the ant-farm/advent calendar aspects of it, and the game has definitely gotten me in the mood for more Fallout.

This is a fun little game.

Crashes constantly. Doesn’t matter what I’m doing, it just crashes.

Crashes on start up, moving a dweller, completeing a quest, collecting a resource, equiping clothes or wpns.

It jut crashes, lol. I’m hoping Bethesda can ge tthe crashes worked out. Nice little game.

Just be lucky the crash didn’t corrupt your game. That is what happened to me and at least a few other people i’ve seen.

Odd. I didn’t have a single crash while I played. What device are you on?

I’ve been since launch and have yet to see a crash. You would think on a controlled environment like the ipad this sort of thing, where some people experience crashes and others don’t, wouldn’t happen.

I’m using an iPad. Not sure which iPad I have.

It’s either a 2 or 3.

My 3rd gen iPad is suffering and very slow for this game, it’s been a roaring success though, I don’t think they expected that

I’m using an Ipad Air. Only one crash after putting a bunch of hours in to the game, but it destroyed my save game so it sticks with me.

I’m on an iPhone 6+. Zero crashes.

ipad 3 - zero crashes. Sometimes lose sound when low on memory, and there is a bug if I’ve been playing for a while that prevents you from moving pregnant women into other rooms (you can’t pick them up).

Right after my last post, I started to pick up some cool items in the Wasteland, so maybe I was just on a bad run earlier. While I’ve maxed out everything in my vault there are still a ton of items to discover, and the higher level weapons seem a lot of fun, even though the raiders seem to scale too.

Turning off my iPad’s wifi, while not stopping the crashes, has greatly reduced them.

Android, August 13

Hope those deathclaws can’t make it through my kitchen.

iOS update and Android version are out. Apparently Deathclaws will tear you apart, so you’d better upgrade the staff of your death-kitchens.

My save game is probably still dead due to their bugs.

Even Molerats are pretty deadly. Deathclaws are almost certain to kill a few dwellers every time. Think the first time they got 6 of mine, and all my dwellers are level 50 and maxed, equipped with good weapons. They move really fast, and break it very quickly, so I had to redo my setup so they’d meet larger groups of opposition right away.

Even fires are now dangerous - at leas when they initially outbreak, they seem to cause close to 50% damage to dwellers in the room. Interestingly, fires caused by rush failure didn’t seem as deadly.

My first Deathclaw raid wasn’t quite the catastrophe I feared, but I got lucky with using stimpacks. It’s almost impossible to reliably heal the right people when everyone’s running around in battle, but I kept everyone alive this time. The Deathclaws ran through three rooms before the last one went down though, so I used a lot of stimpacks.

Took a brief look at it since it hit Android. Runs peachy on my phone, but I think I’ll have to mess with it on my tablet instead. Seemed a bit hard on my eyes since I kept wanting to focus on things. Also haven’t played enough to tell if it’s a good game or not, or if it falls in to the dark realm of free to play games twisting your arm to pay up, but the first impression it gave was pretty good.

You’ll probably never run into a reason to pay money, you’ll just eventually run out of things to do. So, as free games go, that’s good enough for me. Lunchboxes are your rewards for completing some objectives, and lunchboxes have a chance for rare items/characters. You can also just buy more lunchboxes, that was where they hit you up for real money.

Mr. Handy (who was just added to the iOS version with today’s update) can be purchased directly for money, but I’m not sure if he can only be purchased, or if you can find him randomly in lunchboxes like other characters. Either way he’s certainly not essential to your vault, and nothing else in the game requires money.

I think Handy can only be purchased, which caused me to make my first purchase of $1.00.

Edit: confirmed incorrect - can get in lunchboxes as well as possibly in the 75 hour wasteland event.