Fancy a little Fighting Game?

Some sad news:

That’s sad. The MAS was something I always wanted but never bought. It was so… excessive! Yet it also seemed like it would be worth the price. Rest in peace.

A new version of Virtua Fighter is going to hit PS4 soon. Hopefully Steam as well, just so there’s a version folks can play forever if it flops.

I know folks who bought that Yakuza game just to play Virtua Fighter. Some of them ending up liking Yakuza.

Looking forward to checking this out. I’ve been messing around a bit with the earlier GG games lately, and am trying to train myself to play on keyboard, since I struggled a bit with quickly and reliably executing some inputs on gamepads.

The inputs are probably going to be harder than SF. Arcsys controls tend to be less lenient on special input recognition.

I played the open beta #1 and I thought controls were much better than GG Xrd Rev 2 (playing with the standard PS4 controller). It didn’t go full BBTAG, but it’s a lot more accessible than the previous GGs, or so it seemed to me.

new Virtua Fighter remaster next week, PS4 exclusive. Made by Yakuza team.

Well that is a little disappointing for us non-PS4 folk who would have supported a Virtua Fighter game. Guess I’ll be hoping it’s secretly a timed exclusive rather than something that will forever be trapped on the PS4.

Wild! I’m in.

I’m wondering with sony buying EVO , if most fighting games are going to be PS exclusives from now on. Sony might just corner that market.

The FGC won’t mind much , as long as they get decent online and a cheater-free environment, which is an issue with PC.

FGC pretty much standardized around Sony consoles thanks to Street Fighter V. It’s the place to be for fighting if you’re not on PC. Very excited for this Virtua Fighter release.

New Melty Blood 9/30. All Consoles and Steam. Being made by French Bread, who are known for this series and the Undernight series (very well-regarded) Rollback netcode confirmed, crossplay unlikely.

There are reports that GG Strive might have sold better on PC than Console in the West.

PC is the preferred console of netplayers- due to PC versions of games being superior, and more wired connections (PS4 is notorious for wi-fiers)

The VF release’s netcode was disappointing. It’s been memed as “racist netcode” (I know the person who started the meme). They didn’t use normal P2P server, but server netcode, and that introduced one-sided lag into the equation. It’s a very similar situation to Parsec which I find unacceptable as a competitive netcode (my opinion on this is far from universal)

Next major title release is about 24 hours I think or so with Melty Blood Type Lumina.

Was planning to pass on it, but if a certain guest char is confirmed, I’ll do it to have something to play with a very important friend who really loves said character.

Yeah, I hope Neco-Arc is playable too

I hear it has a dash button, so I guess I’ll have to buy it. Though I still don’t know the price for my region, and if it’s too expensive, I’ll have to wait for a sale or something. Otherwise, I’m in. ;)

It’s a full price game. I’d definitely say it looks like it’s on the harder end in terms of mechanics, most French Bread games are (they also made Undernight, which is confirmed to get a sequel now as well)

It will have rollback netcode. I am going to way a day or two after launch- because rollback netcode could mean “as good as Strive” or “as bad as SFV”- though French Bread is unlikely to do the latter, esp if Arcsys helped them. The FB devs know what GGPO is like, they played Skullgirls.

I mean I have yet to see what the regional pricing will be. If it’s the BRL equivalent of US$ 60 releases (which is usually in the R$ 120-150 range) that would be OK. It it’s R$ 300+ as some publishers priced them by just applying the exchange rate and calling it a day (and ignoring Steam suggestions for regional pricing), then no.

I held off on GG Strive because I wasn’t up for digging into a new fighting game at the time, but I’m super interested in Melty Blood. My one FGC friend spoke highly about the last one, but I’ve never played it. From the little I’ve seen, this one has a lot of the things that made UnderNight so enjoyable for me as a garbage player. With GG unlikely to go on sale for cheaper than Melty Blood’s launch price (US PSN), I might roll the dice tonight.

I know on Steam Strive already hit 20% off, and Melty is going to have DLC chars most likely, there’s plenty of chars they didn’t put in.