Fancy a little Fighting Game?

I will be eager to see how the revamped Tekken 7 netcode is once it is released. Initial impressions from some of the people involved in helping test it have been positive so far. Proof will be in the pudding once unleashed into the wild though.

Intrigued to see how the new Kunimitsu will play too, seems like a character I might try messing around with.

I really wish they’d import some improvements into Soul Calibur, but Okubo gets peanuts to work with.

Given Season 3, expect Kunimitsu to either be massively overpowered to get folks to pay for her, or they overcompensate and make her terrible due to the blowback with Leroy and Fahk, who were pure pay-to-win chars when released.

If folks are interested in Guilty Gear, I’d recommend they wait for Strive.

It will also have rollback netcode (wait and see if it’s good, or like SFV’s horrid rollback- folks should know in a day or two), and more accessible gameplay.

Oldschool Guilty Gear is one of the most difficult, inaccessible fighting games ever created. The folks who will be getting this are folks who pretty much have played this for 10-20 years too, very few new players.

I picked up Tekken 7 and have no idea where to begin. I wish they were still making Virtua Fighter games!

MK11 has one of the best fighting game tutorials, including frame counting and other advanced concepts. May be worth considering for that alone!

Namco doesn’t believe in tutorials. YOu kinda got to look out stuff on youtube and discord for Tekken.

and VF is the only new fighting game I would have serious interest in these days.

As for more Namco stuff

Tekken Season 4 comes out 11/10. Steam’s fighting game sale will that week (forget if 10th or 12th)

Heh, Microsoft Store leaks strike again. Kinda ruins the surprise they were going for, to reveal during the weekend’s online tournament events. Good to have a release date finally though.

Nice logo.

from the leaks, looks late 2022 release. Looks like they’re going the Super/Ultra route as well.

COVID probably created a year of delay.

Plus ransomware.

So, Tekken. I have gone into ranked online thinking that the best way to improve would be to face people of about my skill level (i.e. nothing) and get sorted into wood league or whatever, but this actually seems comparatively rare. What usually seems to happen is that I get matched against someone with dozens or even hundreds of wins despite somehow being “1st dan,” and they clearly know their characters inside and out, unleashing combo after combo. What gives? How are these people occupying the lowest rank?

And then like…

Ok, finally, maybe someone in my bracket, nice. Only as soon as the the fight starts it’s like juggle juggle juggle wall splat, three straight rounds, one of them a perfect. I don’t understand these people. Do they just, like, watch YouTube videos nonstop and spend a month of four hour days in practice mode before even dipping a single toe in online?

Edit: apparently you can delete a local file and reset your rank. Why.

1st dan is the lowest rank now.

If you’re playing someone with triple-digit wins in those ranks, they are really, really bad at the game.

Another possibility: they are console players switching to PC because it’s the vastly superior version, and they’re good but new to PC.

Kunimitsu players might also be better than normal, because she’s the new DLC character.

Rank resetters just want easy wins, that’s why they do it.

Also, Lei is cool but very very hard to learn.

I feel like I’m getting old and just want to play SF2CE and nothing else. I got SF5 and like watching ranked matches but goodness me I cbf to train my muscles to output all those combos.