Fancy a little Fighting Game?

Do you like obnoxious fanservice and giving money to one of the world’s biggest butchers? (Muhammed bin Salman, the Saudi butcher prince is the primary owner of SNK now, a lot of folks I know are now boycotting SNK over this)

The gameplay and netcode also terrible. So hardest of nos.

Wouldn’t MBS be better off buying NetherRealm? Mortal Kombat synergises more with his brand.

Wow, good for her!

I enjoy garbage fighters for stupid storyline content, but SNK Heroines even fails there. There’s only a single uninteresting storyline, with minimal differences between characters that amount to like 2-3 lines of dialogue per run.

Having not played any Soulcalibur 6 since the update, I fired it up yesterday to do a little light bashing when I encountered a weird visual bug. It only seems to happen in one stage (but like three Libra of Soul fights in a row have taken place on this stage), and additionally only when the camera is facing one side of that stage.

Updating my video drivers did not fix it. What is the name of this stage? I think it’s the Cursed Moonlight Woods/Silver Wolves’ Haven, but I’m not sure, and if it is then I wasn’t able to get the bug in training. Bizarre.

Well, I am both happy and sad that I followed your advice and got Soulcalibur. I like the pace and lessened (to a point) reliance on juggle combos vs Tekken, but there is just…nobody playing, practically. A tenth of the player base that Tekken has. So while in Tekken I get matched against people who are ostensibly my rank but have obviously reset their progress and then I learn nothing because they just juggle me continuously until I die from boredom, in Soulcalibur I get matched (eventually) against people who have thousands and thousands of rank points because there’s just nobody else to play with, I guess, and they juggle me continuously until I die from boredom. Sigh.

Ok, really only the twitch streamer (ugh) Voldo with 120k RP perma-juggled me, but the Taki with 60k points was no more fun or interesting to play, although I did get to lol heartily when in the first round just as she was about to waste me I managed to land a throw that tossed her behind me into a ring out. I was so surprised I forgot to jump off after her.

Edit: bizarre, I just saw that the video I posted above says my account has been terminated. It has not, and the video is still there. Weird. I also can’t for the life of me find any way to submit a bug report, because that shit is annoying as hell and that map seems to get used in Libra of Soul a lot.

As a fellow Virtua Fighter refugee, I will volunteer to install SC6 and take a beating if you want some company. I played #2 way back on the Gamecube. I’m on US East and the download will take a day. Just say the word.

I’m happy to hop back in as well. I played for a few weeks earlier in the year but didn’t wind up sticking with it, in large part due to the same matchmaking issues you encountered

How would we coordinate such a thing, I wonder.

I used to play VF a lot as well. Had a really good Jeffry, though top talents like Gentlemanthief exposed me hard.

I’d say use the discord for coordination. That’s what the FGC does, maybe @ArmandoPenblade could set up a channel for us?

The other issue is what is a good time for folks. You’d have to agree to give up an hour or so for it.

I’m PC only, and I’d strongly recommend the PC version for SC6, it is by far the superior port (more responsive). Base game will be under $10 on the next Steam sale guaranteed. (your controllers will work on PC too)

Also, for the VF folks, Sega put a VFxEsports trailer out this year, which is a good sign they haven’t given up on the series entirely, and I expect a next-gen version of it.

I have SC6 on PC and am flexible on times available, generally, although 8-11PM eastern M-F is pretty much blocked off.

I’m pretty flexible too, with the exception of 10 pm - 2 a.m. ET.

Those are generally bad times for me. I really want the discord channel set up, as I’d want to yell at folks on how to improve. If someone turns out to be really good I might be able to introduce folks to stronger opponents.

How are weekend mornings/afternoons for folks? My availability on weekends would be 6am-11am, and 1pm-6pm Saturday, and 6-8am then 11am-1pm on Sundays.

If we agree to this, I’d need everyone’s steam account. The way I usually set up matches on my other matchplay session (which I run Friday evenings), is we usually run FT5 sets.

I suck at the game, so feel free to use my as a sparring partner! Name on steam is the same I use here.

My weekends are pretty wide open, but if by 6 you mean am eastern that’s a liiiiitle early for me, though 8 would be doable. The other times are fine. My friend code is 17326842.

Weekends are usually family time, so I can’t commit to any specific window, but can try to make it work if you schedule something.

I have SC6 on Steam, although I’ve only played it on Xbox. I can make a time this weekend work.

Steam friend code:

Is 9am Saturday (eastern time) a good time for everyone?

Friend code if anyone wants in. Would also suggest joining Armando’s discord.

It’s easier to coordinate around discord than Steam chat.

Also, if folks want to stream any of this on their own, feel free to do so.

Works for me.

Ok, I am on the Discord.

I hope you guys realize I suck major balls. When it comes to stuff like this I learn by doing. Even when I can force myself to watch a half hour video on “how to play X character” it doesn’t really stick.

I’m like that also- Caliubur is the easiest game for this. I’ll likely mess around with characters I’m trying to learn.

Any particular character you’re trying to learn. I could give a link to that character discord.