Fancy a little Fighting Game?

I have gravitated to Seong Mi-Na so far, but I only have about four hours in game. Aside from Sophitia, I can’t remember playing a particular character way, way back in what must have been the Soul Edge days. I think I probably tried them all. I haven’t played one of these since, I think.

THis is the Mina discord. She’s one of the easiest chars to learn, though her defense is hard to learn.

BTW discord room is set up now, thanks Armando!

The gimmick with Mina is that she gets a lot of extra power if you space things just right, and she has some ridiculous ring-out potential, still the best in the game despite repeated nerfs (especially since Zas lost a bunch in the last patch)

Too early for me (I’m on the west coast) but have fun, and I’ll try for the next one.

I don’t think we’re married to that time yet.

Steam friend codes? What is that stuff?

I’m busy most weekdays at noon and Thursdays 8-11PM (EST). Mornings are unpredictable. Friend code: 7482513

another way to add folks on Steam.

Also, the time can change. Feel free to suggest a better time, I can be pretty flexible on weekends. I was trying to pick a time before folks go out for the day (if they’re going out at all)

I didn’t know they existed until people couldn’t find my Steam name in the Deep Rock Galactic thread.

So Steam is like Nintendo now? O tempora, o mores…

You can still do things the old fashioned way.

So uh are we doing this tomorrow? Did we get our own channel on the Discord?

Yes, 9am ET because no one said otherwise, and we have the channel.

Here is a screenshot of the weird glitch. Always happens on that stage.

Yikes! How bizarre.

Stream I can recommend watching with some folks I know right now (who are very very good)

I’m low key fascinated with GG Strive, even though I’m like 99% sure I’m never going to play it. The intro videos they’ve been releasing have been nifty.

Apparently the netcode in the beta test is being called “Better than Skullgirls”, though folks are heavily criticizing the UI decisions.

Skullgirls is considered the gold standard for netcode, so them saying that Arcsys’s in house solution is better is a high accomplishment. It’s definitely moved me from thinking I’ll never play this and making this a must-buy when it hits PC. (I’ll probably try Anji first, or Axl)

If the netcode is this good, PC will be perfectly viable as a platform as long as the game isn’t crap.

I played some GG Strive this weekend and again tonight on PS5. The netcode certainly seemed up to the task. It felt like being in the same room with every one of my opponents.

It’s a beautiful game. I was playing with a PS5 controller which is not recommended. Had I pulled out a joystick I would have liked it even more.

The setup for casual online with avatars roaming around is unique and kinda cool. Having floors designated at your skill level was fine, but there’s just too much delay between fights if all you want is to keep playing.

I may check it out on release. It sure is purty.

Preordered it on PC. Going to play with gamepad as that’s all I have, but the more accessible commands make me think this is viable, even if not optimal.

It’s still going to be a hard game. I don’t think there’s such a thing as an easy fighter, and smaller games tend to have more dedicated players.