Fantasy Flight's Marvel Champions! Excelsior, 'nuff said, clobberin' time, I can do this all day, etc., etc.!

I decided to bust out my core set of Marvel Champions. The Legendary DXP app, which I enjoy a lot, made me want to play more card games, and I didn’t have the energy to remember where I left off my Arkham Horror LCG campaign. I enjoy the AHLCG, but Marvel hits my table more often. It’s easier to set up, and I can play a single-handed game in a half hour. Plus I really have to be in a good mood to put up with any horror-themed game, and I’ve been grumpy lately.

Anyway, I’ve played about 15 games over the past few days, first with Spidey and various Aspects vs all three villains on both Standard and Expert, and now I’m starting in on Black Panther runs. I lost my first couple games as Spider-Man because I was rusty, but I improved and managed a few satisfying wins (and a few close losses) on Expert. Panther won a game on Standard vs Rhino with the Hydra module, but when I bumped up Rhino to Expert, I got swarmed by scheming many-headed Hydras. Great fun.

I know some folks here don’t care for MC, but I find it engaging. I’m often not sure which cards to burn and which to play. I love the alter-ego mechanic. I like seeing my whole deck every game. I like the art.

I’ll probably spring for the Sinister Motives expansion. Apparently its campaign is better designed than the bare-bones campaign in Red Skull (which I don’t own and probably won’t buy). I’m also going to get Green Goblin, just cuz I want to fight him with Spidey.