Fantasy General II

I loved Fantasy General, but I kept bouncing off Elven Legacy. The missions seemed too much a straight jacket. Fantasy General had three different factions to select from.

I like the panzer corps engine but later Installments of panzer corps had too many “oops, new objectives “ surprises for me to like, and their war hammer game didn’t click for me either. I’m sorry I hope whoever is doing this one has a different taste in mission design.

I really liked the Warhammer game my own self.

I never got into Fantasy General as most other players did. I found it way too dependent on puzzle scenarios, but that’s kind of par for the course with those original General games.

I’ve wondered if the original panzer general games were just as bad with puzzles, but I forgot about it over the course of 20+ years.

This would have to get pretty much the worst reviews ever to not be an insta-buy. Heck, I’d even take more Fantasy Wars/Elven Legacy - it’s been a damn decade!

Thanks for the heads-up, Brian.

I see that GOG.com will also being selling Fantasy General II.

Oh right. I’ll add it to the OP. Thanks!

Does anyone want to participate in the Slitherine Beta Test for Fantasy General II?

Holy crap yes please! I built a new PC just for this! ;)

Wow that is sorely tempting.

If your waving a Magic Beta Wand you can wave it my way.

Yeah, it’s very much a puzzle game. AI has no real agency outside of scripts, your goal is to clear out the map gathering as much stuff as possible in the shortest timeframe. All the General series is like that. I haven’t played Fantasy General itself.

Pretty sure they were. At least I clearly remember when Elven Legacy were discussed on release everyone agreed they’re a copy of FG. Same often said about Panzer General.

The Managing Director for Owned by Gravity is Jan Wagner. As far as I can tell, he’s worked for Cliffhanger Productions since 2005, which recently released Jagged Alliance: Rage!

If you watch the Slitherine announcement stream he’s in it and talks a bit about the game, but yeah the studio itself seems to be new.

That’s not reassuring.

That was my thought too. Hopefully a learning experience.

I applied for the beta and then checked out the requirements after the fact. A 4Gb video card? Really? For this?**

VISUALLY STUNNING FANTASY WARFARE.

Gladius, which used the same engine, recommended a 4GB video card (270X) for AMD, and a 3GB for NVIDIA (GTX 660). Those are honestly pretty low-end cards ($150 or so).

Yes, and my Geforce GFX 1050 TI ran it just fine. But according to the requirements on the Steam page, the minimum is now a 4 GB 1050.