OK, so what the hell am I doing wrong.
- took taxi from airport
- fixed car
- drove around and did my initial “kill the foozle” quest
- got my first safehouse
- second “kill the foozle” quest, rescued the woman, who told me to meet her at Mike’s Bar for some sweet, delicious Malaria medication
- drive to area marked Mike’s Bar on map, visit arms dealer. Nobody is there
- see Mike’s Bar nearby but none of the doors work
The game mentioned something about the arms dealer “not being there right now”, so I thought maybe I was there at the wrong time (btw, fuck that game mechanic – your job as an NPC is to be wherever I am and available to me 24/7), so…
- I drive ALL THE GODDAMN WAY BACK to the safehouse, sleep for a few hours. drive back. Nobody there.
- I drive ALL THE GODDAMN WAY BACK to the safehouse AGAIN, sleep overnight (night/day cycles, so I know it happened). drive back. nobody there.
This is almost as un-fun as Mafia, The Orienteering Sim™!
So what am I doing wrong?