Far Cry 3 may be good, but it's a far cry from Far Cry 2

So are Halo 4 fans also Far Cry fans or just "big game" fans?

If you come here to complain that Tom's wholly subjective reviews are to drive traffic, then why come here to say that and thus become the traffic you don't think he deserves to get?

Wait. Don't answer that.

Why can't I ever read a review on this website without some dumbass whining in the comments. If you want a review where the score is always above a 90 there are other websites for you. If you want a review that only has praise for a game, go write your own review. Otherwise read the reviews and opinions on this website and stop whining. This is not to say stop discussing in an intelligent manner, but using one or two low scores from past games as a basis to dismiss all of the other reviews on this website is absurd.

He didn't give it a 6 he gave it a 3/5, blame Metacritic for making the score fit their out of a hundred system if you have to blame anyone.

Your reviews are dumb and stupid because they don't fit on the 90-100 scale! How dare you rate a game you felt as average as a 3/5! Everyone nows that an average game should be rated 95/100! Clearly, you are part of a traffic driving scheme masterminded by the underpants gnomes! Also, you are dumb!

Tom's been writing about games longer than you've been using a cap to hide your bald spot. Also, why do you care so much?

I'm quite enjoying my romp through the island, but the ending better involve these kids getting re-sold into slavery.. this is an apt review, regardless of some of these dumb comments. This is indeed the Skyrim of FPS.

This website is a joke.

"To say of Far Cry 3 that it's hampered by the lofty standards of its predecessor is to say that Resident Evil 6 was better than Resident Evil 4."

I love the various ways that this makes no sense.

They're all personal opinions. You think that because a writer has an IGN or Gamespot banner above their review it makes it somehow magically impersonal?

If the first Metro was an open-world game, it would be Far Cry 2. It is the corridor shooter version of Far Cry 2!

Isn't "butt ass naked" redundant?

What does "this website is currently under scrutiny" even mean? Is it like double secret probation?

As silly as some of the wildlife is -- I have been killed by an emu -- it does add some excellent emergent chaos. I loved coming across a bunch of soldiers at a roadblock under attack by a bear. The bear lost, unfortunately.

You obviously have not played this game if you are referring to it as "average".

This reviewer is a troll. He rates awesome games low to generate web traffic to this nobody site. The secret is out.

What's on earth is the difference between a personal opinion and a professional opinion?

As for the score, I have a handy guide to the ratings system linked at the bottom of every page. But I'll save you the click and tell you that 3 stars means "I like it". It's not intended to be a failing score. These aren't letter grades.

I see that you reviewed the 360 version. Did you spend any time with the PC version to see how it compares? I'm concerned that my PC isn't up to snuff, but heard some complaints about some technical/visual issues 360.

I can't wait until you're removed from Metacritic. You intentionally review low to increase traffic, and these biased low scores permanently drive down the average for some great titles. The system is broken, and it needs to change, but for now, you're a bunch of cunts for exploiting it.

We show up because for some reason Metacritic believes this guy is a legit reviewer and not someone who gives games bad scores so he can stay in the spotlight a little longer

I hate cats almost as much as erroneous outlier reviews.