Far Cry 3 may be good, but it's a far cry from Far Cry 2

I'm having a hard time thinking of a better way to further ghettoize gaming discussion than to cull reviewers from an aggregator due to nonconformity of opinion. It's a shame that Metacritic would reinforce what is simply an expression of the twentysomething developmental stage of misplaced confidence in the infallibility of consensus by only listing "correct" reviews. The fact that Tom's reviews generate such a backlash on Metacritic shows two things: (1) the conversation is entirely driven by an unsophisticated conflation of quantitative analysis with criticism, and (2) Metacritic has utterly failed to meaningfully reflect disparate scoring systems in a single aggregate score.

Of course, his reviews never 'look and read' like that. Your bon mots, here, on the other hand...

Cool! Glad to hear that. It makes me feel much better about being killed by them!

Just so I understand: if Qt3 had not been the lowest score at the time you checked, would you have popped up in the comments for whatever other site had dared step outside your arbitrary acceptable range?

Tom chick is a joke like his reviews. He also clearly is a attention seeking insecure loser who has to respond with sarcastic comments to everyone who calls him on his BS reviews. Also obvious all the comments on here supporting this review were written by Tom chick alt accounts.

Do it. I triple-dog dare you. Start that website. Do it.

I agree there. The story is a little on par with a crappy, pseudo-psychological horror TV show. Solid shooter though, even if it lost the grimy Far Cry 2 luster.

Sounds like the problem here is Metacritic, not the review itself.

You obviously have not heard of "differences in tastes and opinions" if you believe people who find this game average have not played it.

Why beg for a nickle when you can beg for a nickel, or maybe a dollar?

Dude, Metacritic is a cesspool.

I love reading all the butthurt peeps on here! Ill be trying the game out at Midnight. Who cares how many stars tom gave it? Who cards about metacritic? Maybe I'll like it, maybe I won't.

You know this because you work for metacritic; you know this for sure, you are the authority on websites coming under scrutiny. I trust you blindly. Please enlighten us more on the mysteries of "review aggregates" and "judicious and balanced reviews." Don't stop till you feel a warm, thick liquid pouring down the sides of your face.

Right on. Cats suck. And weirdos who complain about review scores, those dudes really suck.

I had nothing to do with the naming of the game, but that's a good question. Then again, does Black Ops 2 have anything to do with Black Ops besides a brief moment during a mission? Does the Final Fantasy series actually haveto do with the pevious series? It seems game developers and publishing companies are just giving titles 2's and 3's when they are not truly sequels.

Hahahahahahaha, man, never change, seriously. I always love when a triple A game comes out, because I know this douchebag is going to write his comedy review, it's like you're the new zero punctuation.
LOVE YA BRO, MEAN IT.

3/5 - Passing grade, baby. "There are many other aspects of a game review" - Like what? Like what you ate before you wrote the review? Like the TV you used? Like not having your testicles crushed by an uncomfortable seat and passable, but not great gameplay? Like the way YOU feel about the end score?

Your comment needs more hyperbole.

Two instances of YOUR and one instance of YOU are not used correctly in your comment. If you are going to criticize neologisms then learn the grammar that already exists in the language you think YOU'RE speaking.

So a decent but unremarkable game.

How does this get the flames going? Seriously people. Read the f$@%!ng article. He found the game enjoyable, but not great. 3/5 says that. Tom is not the problem, you dregs of society futilely bemoaning a decent score are the true problem.Most other critical audiences understand and expect dissidence. The key is finding someone whose values align with your own.

I often disagree with Tom's assessments. In fact I usually disagree with him on most things other than strategy games. That said he does a good job of explaining his viewpoints and biases. If you can't tell what works for him, and what doesn't then you need to learn critical reading.

So all you cognitively dissonant luddites screaming obscenities at a game receiving what should be an average score by all accounts PISS OFF YOU MORONS.