Far Cry 3 may be good, but it's a far cry from Far Cry 2

Hahahahahaha, lmao, even with your review you couldn't drag this awesome games score below 90, good try though.
Never. Change.

It's hilarious to me that this "critic" won't let posts that criticize his yellow journalism style alone...

U MAD, BRO???

Why are you obviously deleting comments?

Keep deletin', I can make these all night, you cunt.
And there's always proxies if you even know how to ip ban

QUARTER TO THREE, MORE LIKE QUARTER TO MA BALL SACK

This pouty insistence that Metacritic delist Tom comes up every time the whiny internet brigade gets upset over his lack of consensus. Microsoft tried to get Metacritic to remove Tom's Halo 4 review, and they failed.

So what makes you think of bunch of nobodies like you and your ilk will succeed?

Tom I always appreciated how you appreciated Far Cry 2, and I knew to look to your review of this game with a love of the previous one in mind. FC2 was a game that proved that every game should not be made for everyone. The fact that it was a "love it/hate it" game just exemplified that a unique artistic statement will always have its detractors. I'm still looking forward to picking up Far Cry 3, but I've realized for some time that it would not keep many of the things that made FC2 truly special. But I'm fine with that, and I'm sure I'll enjoy this new game for what it is.

the only thing i got out of this review is that far cry 3 isn't far cry 2

Wait, so the broken part of the system is that it allows differing opinions to be heard?

I don't think that's what redundant means.

I'd point to the Secret World review as being an example of a good one. His review captured my experience perfectly, and while I might have wished for the game to score higher, the continued technical issues they had proved it to be true through at least the first month of the game's lifecycle.

Totally agree. And about Tom Chick's point, that Far Cry 2 is not treating the player as Rambo: I thought the opposite is true. FC2 basically forces you to be Rambo shooting somebody every 2 mins with its respawning enemies.

I like the story in FC2 well enough, but that is a game trying SO hard to make you NOT a Rambo in the narrative but the gameplay completely betrayed that narrative.

OK that's fair :>.

The real question is why do you care about MetaCritc's silly attempt to convert everyone's opinion to a number and then try to average them together?

I love the idea that Tom Chick has colleagues. Apparently this guy thinks you all reviewers have offices in the MetaCritic building where John Walker and Tom Francis josh with him over coffee about getting all those hits with his contrarian positions. Why won't MetaCritic fire Tom Chick?

Why did you read Tom's review at all? Surely there's other reviewers who would be more useful to you since you don't agree with his opinions on games.

"I and a few high up friends in the gameing world have wrote two letters of injunction and will have this site removed." So like, three of you wrote one of the letters and two other guys wrote the second? Or you collaborated on two letters sent to different cybercourts under all of your signatures? I hope you sent one to the UN High Cyber Council on Fraudulent Game Reviews on the Internet.

Because all Triple AAA games are great 9/10 A+ material to everyone that plays them, right?

"Quarter to Ballsack" is obviously legit criticism of Tom's journalistic style.

Even with your incessant whining on the comments section of an internet game review, you couldn't get Qt3 removed from metacritic. Good try, though.