Far Cry 4 confirmed, to be released in Nov 2014

London, UK — May 15, 2014 — Today, Ubisoft announced Far Cry® 4, an open-world, first-person shooter that delivers the most expansive and immersive Far Cry experience ever. Far Cry® 4 will be available November 21 in the UK for PlayStation 4® computer entertainment system, PlayStation® 3 computer entertainment system, Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system, Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows PC.

Development on Far Cry® 4 is being led by Ubisoft Montreal in collaboration with Ubisoft’s Red Storm Entertainment, Ubisoft Toronto, Ubisoft Shanghai, and Ubisoft Kiev.

In Far Cry® 4, players find themselves in Kyrat, a breathtaking, perilous and wild region of the Himalayas struggling under the regime of a despotic self-appointed king. Using a vast array of weapons, vehicles, and animals, players will write their own story across an exotic open-world landscape.

“Following the success of Far Cry 3, we wanted to take the franchise to the next level and create a game that will surprise players and exceed fans’ expectations,” said Dan Hay, Executive Producer. “Given the unique setting, we feel Far Cry® 4 will stand out as a top first-person shooter and we’re eager to reveal more about the game in the coming months.”

Customers who pre-order Far Cry® 4 will receive the Limited Edition which includes Hurk’s Redemption, a series of three action-packed single-player missions featuring the popular character Hurk from Far Cry 3’s DLC. The Limited Edition also includes Hurk’s signature harpoon gun called “The Impaler”. The pre-order is now available at all major retailers.

Fans can tune into Ubisoft’s Media Briefing at E3 for an exclusive first look at Far Cry® 4.

http://i.minus.com/ierwZQrtqDWa7.jpg

This is an easy one.

Elbow to the crotch, drop grenade, run like crazy in any direction!

I really liked FC3, and I am a big fan of FC2 (except the re-spawning enemies, that got pretty old, though it didn’t stop me from putting like 80 hours into it) and as such this is probably a day one for me, depending on how it starts to shape up. I hope there is a wider variety of things to do in the sandbox though.

I just can’t take that cover seriously.

So do we play the gay guy or the guy on his knees?

…cause that cover is so stupid looking its unreal.

Another waaaaacky bad guy! Look at him! He’s craaaazy!

Looks like they took some inspiration from Saints Row.

Also, note that it’s a cross-gen game. PC version for me, then.

There were popular characters in Far Cry 3?

I for one don’t mind if eccentric villains become Far Cry’s thing.

I do really want to see the landscape we’ll be in, though. Lots of possibilities.

With signature weapons, to boot!

-Tom

FC1>FC2>FC3 but I loved them all so… yay.

Who and when was it decided it would be a great idea for stuff posted on the interwebs to be written like this?
I recall the first time I saw it when working with web services back in 2003 and it looked as strange then as it does now.

I see it all the time at work. If a couple of words bolded are good, then every word bolded is great, right?

Annoys me to no end.

I’m pretty sure it’s based off of comic strip speech bubbles.

Needs more bold, his text have >50% of the words bolded.

Maybe the bad guy in this game is more nuanced that the cover makes it seem, but holy shit that looks dumb and makes me think the game will be homophobic.

And thehilarity begins! Personally I loved FC2 and most of FC3, so I’ll be in for this one too.

Well, Blood Dragon was pretty great wasn’t it? Maybe they can conjure up the feel of it with a more “realisticsetting.

Totally in. If it is as much fun as FC3, then I will probably be in for a few play-throughs. I had problems with some of the writing in FC3, but all the island adventures and mini-games kept me going. Plus, the first time you stealth-kill and entire camp or ambush and rescue some civvies, it doesn’t get much better than than feeling.

Derek