Far Cry 5 - Hope springs eternal

4 was just ok, and can be beat in like 15 minutes, so go with that. ;)

I need to play Primal on hard mode or whatever someone had mentioned, so thats my next go to game.

I also will get 5 , later on sale, and do what @Telefrog mentioned and hype it up 2-3 years from now. :)

Thinking about jumping in. Never played a Far Cry or Assassin Creed (Ubisoft open world games). This might be the one. Being from Alberta (borders Montana to the north) and a fly fisherman I am being drawn in. Kind of a strange reason to want to buy a game :)

It’s never wrong to want to buy a fishing simulator. :)

I’ll cast my line to that @lordkosc !

I watched some footage of this earlier in the week and am actually really interested in it. I like the Far Cry games enough I have gotten FC3 and FC4 at launch and had a lot of fun with them (FC2 I got shortly after launch when @ShivaX told me how great it was - he was correct, of course).

I want to pre-order this, and I have the funds available now thanks to redeeming a LOT of cans, but I’m waiting for reviews. It’s not really on much of a sale anywhere, like $54 at GMG looks like, so no rush in my book to pre-order until the day before launch after reviews go up (I mean, I assume that’s when there will be reviews). I’m 99% sure I’ll be picking this up. I’m fairly confident this will end up getting good reviews and be well received from what I saw. Plus the full co-op mode with a friend through the entire campaign is incredibly compelling.

Another thing though is timing - it’s coming out just a few days after Ni no Kuni 2 drops and I don’t know if I need TWO really big games to play at once. So I may hold off on FC5 depending on how into NNK2 I get this weekend.

Me! …grrrr stupid discourse rules

Sounds like today we’ll have access to pre-review content like impressions and reviews-with-limitations or some such.

Open world Montana: Really makes me want to get this and just get lost in it.
Ubistuff: But I’m leary of it. After Far Cry 2, I haven’t really been satisfied with the series. Far Cry 3 and 4 were just… off and not enjoyable on a fundamental level. It’s like they lost a layer of realism and became more “gamified”, and as such became less than the sum of its parts.

This. I love Montana and UBI is great at making awesome looking worlds.

4 was fantastic. It has the best villain and the best plot.

Getting FC5 on Day One. I even pre-ordered the $90 edition, which is something I never do.

I have to admit I really enjoyed the “gameness” of the last two games, I really never got tired of climbing towers, spending perk points, crafting better stuffs and the like. It had just the right amount of ‘rpg player progression’ for me I suppose.

And yeah, the setting here is super interesting to me, and the game looks just gorgeous.

Anyone found any discounts on digital orders for Xbox? Was hoping Newegg would have a 10% off or more code…

The setting is the only reason I buy Far Cry games at this point. I get really tired of the gameplay of an Ubi open world really fast. This one will probably fool me the same way.

They are doing quite a bit to change up the formula here, fwiw. No mini-map, no towers, that sort of thing. Seems like pretty big changes to me. /shrug

I didn’t know that. Sounds like an improvement.

Towers were the best bit :(

I am a serious Ubifan these days but I have to admit - nothing I’ve seen about this one appeals to me all. I’m hoping they’ll somehow pull it off just through more awesome art direction. First person driving is quite fun in the Far Crys, maybe that’ll do it.

I’m getting this day 1. Love the Far Cry series, and I think the changes they’ve made this time around were necessary. Otherwise it would get old quickly.
I think Primal was really good because of the differences it had from FC 3 and 4.
I think I’m going to play some Primal this weekend to prepare for Tuesday.

Kind of disappointed there’s no pre-load for this yet.

Preload starts today for PC

Eventhough I liked FC3 I agree with most of this. 4 was a rehash and it killed my interest in the franchise and every gameplay video I see of FC5 makes it seem like yet another reskin.
Hype is at zero, but as with most Ubi games, I will probably get it eventually, on some sale.