Far Cry 5 - Hope springs eternal

My first reaction was similar to @Scotch_Lufkin’s. “Jesus. They’ve rolled out an awesome brand new engine! That water is incredible!”

After a closer look, I totally thought that the footage in Teaser #1 was lifted straight from “Legends Of The Fall”.

And Montana? I’m in.
Although militia-types may lead to boring stereotypes (which is kind of what they seem to be IRL). And kind of a narrow gameplay focus, since these types tend to stay in their small towns that they’ve taken over.

I’m trying hard to imagine something interesting they could do with such a concept that would remain interesting beyond a couple of hours. I live in ND, and every time these folks show up in the news around here, it’s the same old story: Fighting for their rights to buy up enough property in a town so they can take it over. It’s a bit scary, because they’ve succeeded from time to time, and have caused a great deal of trouble in those small areas. So yeah, it could be very interesting. I’m just having trouble imagining an entire game built around that idea. OTOH, small-scale gunfights can be good as well, and the real news has provided a number of tense scenarios over the years. Gordon Kahl comes to mind.